The Animals Came Out Two by Two : The Final Days of WSFP

Surely there cannot be material available now on Windsor Safari Park? Something on e-bay? A book? A video? Whatever it is..... LET'S HEAR ABOUT IT! ..... in here

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

The Animals Came Out Two by Two : The Final Days of WSFP

Post by falkor » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:27 pm

The book :The Animals Came Out Two By Two was published in 1995 and apparently covers the "Final Days of Windsor Safari Park"This proven author :David Taylor appears to have delivered a text of great importance to any members of this site, but has anybody seen this book? I am ordering the book tomorrow so I will let you know. :P It does sound extremely promising and interesting.Just imagine if we could get David to join the site and contribute to a few of our threads, now THAT WOULD BE a great day indeed! :wink:EDIT: photo and link removed in accordance with Paul's correction info, thanks Paul, top man!
Last edited by falkor on Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

David Taylor author of The Animals Came Out Two By Two:The L

Post by Paul Scott » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:50 am

I have done a lot of research on David Taylor and I am afraid you are incorrect with your link to the author :cry: . The author you included a link to is a business author, whereas the author you really wanted is an internationally renowned Zoo Vet, who has written eight autobiographies, including the above book, as well as Zoovet, On The Wild Side, The Wandering whale as well as over thirty Natural History Books. A TV series was made of his autobiographies on BBC TV in the 1980's called One By One. He was also the vet for Windsor Safari Park amongst others.For more information on Mr Taylor visit http://www.izvg.co.uk and enter under zoo clients.For more information on One By One go to http://www.tvtopme.com and search for One By One.
Many thanks,Paul.

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

David Taylor

Post by Paul Scott » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:53 pm

Whoops!! Just spotted my mistake. The correct link is http://www.tvtome.com and then search for one by one. You may notice I edit it and David Taylor was a veterinary consultant for the show.
Many thanks,Paul.

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

David Taylor Vet & Author.

Post by Paul Scott » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:49 am

David Taylor graduated from Edinburgh University in the late 1950's and immediately found a job in a veterinary practice in his home town of Rochdale,Manchester. He particularly chose this practice as one of it's clients was Belle Vue Zoo. In the 1960's he decided on the risky step of setting up his own practice dealing solely with exotic animals, as a result of the contacts he built up at Belle Vue. For a time he was the vet and general manager of Flamingoland, and was the vet for WSP where he also advised on the animals to be exhibited.He has appeared on numerous programmes including No.73, Animal Magic, Really Wild Show, Talking Animal and Flying Vets(shown last month on The National Geographic Channel).He has written the following books:Autobiography:Zoovet (1976), Doctor In The Zoo, Going Wild, Next Panda Please, Wandering Whale, Dragon Doctor, Vet On The Wild Side, The Patient Elephant and The Animals Came Out Two By Two:The Last Days Of Windsor Safari Park.Other Books:Collins Family Pet Guides:Rabbit,Dog & Cat, Mighty Animals, Animal Assassins, Animals In Danger, Animal Monsters,Amazing World Of Animals, Safari Animals and many, many others.If anyone would like a full list I can send it to you. It may be worth checking eBay and charity shops for these as in the last month I have found two copies of Zoovet, one of Doctor In The Zoo and a copy of Vet On The Wild Side, which I have bought despite already having them!!
Many thanks,Paul.

Sarah Barwood

The Animals Came out Two By Two

Post by Sarah Barwood » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:42 pm

I have a copy of this book! It is excellant - funny in places, sad in others, but a good read, with lots of memories.

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:23 pm

Where did you get your copy? I have (nearly) every David Taylor book, but The Animals Came Out Two By Two is proving very elusive :cry:
Many thanks,Paul.

Sarah Barwood

The Animals Came Out TwoBy Two

Post by Sarah Barwood » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:25 pm

I bought my copy when it was first released in 1994. If it is any help the ISBN no. is 0 86051 868 X Published by Robson Books Ltd., Bolsover House, 5-6 Clipstone Street, London W1P 7EB

Sarah

falkor
plague
plague

being reprinted?

Post by falkor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:25 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk will take orders for it

they have promised me that I will have mine on 7th November, but that was back in September, amazon quote £9 + £5 p&p I think it was

I heard from a number of different sources that the book is currently being re-printed 8)
it can be found on half a dozen or more internet book shops just like amazon

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:50 pm

One of our new members has kindly sent me a private e-mail with a link to a website who can get it for me, from America believe it or not. It will cost me $9 + $5 shipping by surface mail or $9 airmail, which I figure will be approx. £8 or £12 inclusive.
I will dig out the e-mail and post the site.
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

Amazon - delay

Post by falkor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:35 pm

7 November 2003
Dear Customer,

We are sorry to report that the following item has been delayed.

David Taylor "The Animals Came Out Two by Two: The Final Days of
Windsor Safari Park"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to
obtain this item for you.

Please note, should you wish to check the status of an order, or to make
changes to it, you can do so via the "Your Account" link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk

For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

2 of David Taylor "The Animals Came Out Two by Two: The Final Days
of Windsor Safari Park"
Availability: 4-6 weeks

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk
Hi Paul

Have you received yours yet?

I was supposed to have got mine by now, but instead got the above e-mail from Amazon

I did hear that the book is being re-printed :shock: so that would account for it
ImageDavid Taylor ..... hard at work :wink:

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:03 pm

Nope still not got mine!
I have been to Blackwell's bookstore and they are going to order it for me, but I'm not holding out much hope! :cry:
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

GOT IT AT LAST! and it's marvellous!

Post by falkor » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:19 am

amazon link here

I ordered this from Amazon something like a year ago and initially they told me it was on its way to me - then it wasn't as it was out of print

so I gave up

Last week they finally got round to looking in their basement and finally got me a copy

It's all about the Final Days of Windsor Safari Park

well that is just insufficient really because it covers the whole 22 years of Windsor Safari Park and that for me is absolutely fascinating reading, it's great stuff because the writer is non other than the Park's Chief Vet and he is writing from an impartial position and now pulls no punches in telling it as it was

If you ever went to Windsor Safari Park I would say definitely get it (they now have more in)

Image the glory days

Sas
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: The Animals Came Out Two by Two : The Final Days of WSFP

Post by Sas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Gang,
What price did you pay for the book just been on Amazon and there quoting £29.58 + £2.75 post is this good or dear ????

Best wishes to all

Sassy Big Boy

falkor
plague
plague

Post by falkor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:21 am

it's dear isn't it

but that's what I paid

I'm loving it though :mrgreen:

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 pm

I finally got my copy from Abe Books for £7 plus £2.50 p&p. Brilliant book and an excellent read.
Many thanks,Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic