A v a t a r s

Main site inaccurate? Forum not user friendly? Can't register? Can't login? Problem getting an avatar? Write your problems in here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

A v a t a r s

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:38 am

See that picture under my name? That is an "avatar" in message board language :shock:Did you know that there are actually 5 avatar options when you join up to Windsor Safari Park.org.uk forums?1) Go with no avatar Having an avatar is purely optional2) Upload Avatar from a URL:Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image, it will be copied to this site.3) Link to off-site Avatar:Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to.4) Select Avatar from gallery: 5) Upload Avatar from your machine:It is number 5 that appears to be playing up. Has ANYBODY succeeded in uploading an avatar from their machine??Whenever I try to do this I see a 1 line message : The avatar filetype must be .jpg, .gif or .png and the upload has failed. The error message is plainly covering more than one error because I have tried various .gifs and .jpgs to no avail. :?I have been reading up on this and it appears this problem may occur depending on OS. This means, I think, that while 1 member may succeed in loading an avatar off their computer, another will stonewall into this problem.Please reply on here WITH ANY comments on how your avatar selection went with this site. It would be good to know whether avatar selection is mainly ok or whether there are even more problems simmering away.GalleryIt is good to see that "Angel" (aka "Azariah Kelsey") has authorised use of his fabulous CCN avatars for our gallery. He kindly supplied them to CCN's Krylar some time ago and has now allowed us to use them too, what a gent!!Category 2 - LOTR agn made his LOTR avatars available to php support in May 2002 from http://mvcaos.netfirms.com/avatars/LOTR.zipOur avatar gallery now consists of Angel's CCN characters, Agn's LOTR's people and last but not least a monumental php file - enabled by another php admin, sadly I do not have his username to hand to say thanks but that last category (php) is truly huge. I cannot see a case for any further avatars being uploaded to our gallery but I'm always ready to consider it I suppose. Let me know if you find a set that is outstanding.Php category CAUTIONIf you select the php category using dial up be prepared for a few minutes wait. Because the file is large you get a blank screen initially and then 3 or 4 minutes of downloadALSOalways check at the bottom of the avatar selection screen - do you see "select avatar" and "cancel avatar" down there? If so all well and good, if not then there was a problem downloading, you must try again I'm afraid :cry:

falkor
plague
plague

library of avatars

Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:50 pm

http://avatarpage.rapidforum.com/movies/male/male.html

:mrgreen: try the above AVATAR LIBRARY

there is an avatar MENU at the left hand side, use it to select the category that you want

RIGHT CLICK on the picture that you like and select "save picture as ..."

once you have the picture of your choice SAVED then try uploading it to this site (see above)

any problems with this and e-mail me (remember to attach the picture too!) :D

Breezy
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:07 pm

Well I followed the instructions above MR IT and I'm very pleased with my new and righful image! 8) I had to link directly to the web site itself falkor as I wasn't able to upload any images directly from my PC. Hope this is alright as I know some sites don't want people linking directly to their images. :shock:
Animals I trust...everyone else has to earn it!

falkor
plague
plague

Re: A v a t a r s

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:25 am

ALL MEMBERS

please select an avatar for your profile!!

Just click on "User Control Panel" up in the main menu above and then find "Profile"

in there you can upload an avatar or select an avatar from our avatar gallery!!

please have a try!! :9 any problems - just ask on here!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic