CopyRight

Main site inaccurate? Forum not user friendly? Can't register? Can't login? Problem getting an avatar? Write your problems in here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Dahai
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

CopyRight

Thu May 21, 2009 7:12 am

I would appreciate some comment as to copyright for photos placed on this site and (importantly) film placed on the live video site. I have been made aware that someone maybe copying film/photos from the latter site - something I had assumed was not possible :?:

falkor
plague
plague

Re: CopyRight

Thu May 21, 2009 10:00 am

hi Dahai

photos are routinely copied from websites but - the question might be - for what purposes? would you be aggrieved if the photos were SOLD for a profit on e-bay? Yes quite probably you would! BUT if the photos were printed out by some strange weird person who decided to stick them in a photo album of theirs marked "Windsor Safari Park, the good old days" would you be quite so aggrieved then?

I think the huge point here is WHAT PURPOSE is this "copying" achieving?

the other day I came across a video of Windsor Safari Park that I initially thought was totally new

it was uploaded to a fairly new/ unknown video search site called TRUVEO

this site does not store videos at all, it simply embeds videos from other sites with precious little credit to either the sites hosting the actual content or the uploaders

can any other members assist on such copyright issues please?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic