WSFP STAFF - REUNION to include David Taylor (WSFP vet)

This forum is purely for ex-workers of Windsor Safari Park. Messages like "Where is Jess?" or anything just for other ex-WSFP workers. Anybody can READ this forum but only ex-workers can write here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:21 pm

Hi Matt,

Could you obtain prices etc? I am sure Falkor would be interested in a second possible venue.
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:44 pm

Dinner Menu A

Smoked Salmon Mousse served with a lemon and dill mayonnaise

Roasted Breast of Chicken wrapped in crisp bacon and served with Oyster mushrooms and a chive butter sauce

Individual Crème Brulee

Coffee and Petit Fours

Dinner Menu B

Cucumber and Crab Gateaux served with rocket salad and lime dressing

Roasted Rump of Lamb served with a Black eye bean casserole and spiced redcurrent jus

Individual Chocolate Tart served with Crème Fraiche

Coffee and Petit Fours

Dinner Menu C

Smoked Chicken and Ementhal Salad with a spicy tomato dressing

Fresh Fillet of Salmon topped with a herb crust and served with a prawn and watercress sauce

Individual Blackcurrant Delice

Coffee and Petit Fours

Dinner Menu D

Chilled Melon and Smoked Salmon with Orange and Ginger Coulis

Grilled Breast of Guinea Fowl served with Bacon Lardons, Baby onions and Port Sauce

Passion Fruit Charlotte

Coffee and Petit Fours

Dinner Menu E

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Tian served with rocket and balsamic dressing

Fillet Steak wrapped in bacon, served on a crouton and coated with Madeira sauce

Fresh Fruit Pave served with Crème Chantilly

Coffee and Petit Fours

Vegetarian Selections

Starters

Rocket and Parmesan Salad

Guacamole and Beef tomato Timbale

Artichoke and green bean salad with walnut dressing

Main Courses

Goats’ cheese risotto cake served with rocket and shallot salad and mango and spring onion salsa.

Grilled Mushrooms with Polenta and Feta.

Ratatouille and mozzarella tartlet on a bed of wilted spinach and accompanied by a lemongrass butter sauce.
The 'JFK plan' is ........ £55 a head ... 30 - 100 members must attend and the above dinner is what you get for the £55, it is shown in bold in the below detailed functions price list. I personally think it is a great deal and am looking for WSFP members to support this

PLEASE NOTE
There will NOT be any bar at the JFK reunion, it just cannot be done :cry: however, beer lager wine .... alcohol would be placed out on tables for us
Day Delegate Rate in the JFK = £62 per person inc room hire, tea/coffee, buffet lunch, flipchart and screen
Half Day Delegate Rate = £45 inc lunch or £35 exc lunch
Corporate Tickets = Adults - £14.95, Child - £11.95 and Senior - £9.95
JFK Room Hire = £1500
Dinner = £55 per person inc reception drink, 3 course meal and gift
Having said that, if Matt or anybody wishes to put a Squirrels get together on the agenda as an alternative or as an addition I would quite gladly go to both, no problems - or if there is no support for the JFK venue then I'm quite happy to switch to the Squirrels but very few people are actually contributing to this thread :? it would be nice to see a few other members SAYING what they want or don't want

The date proposed for the JFK reunion is Friday 23rd January 7pm for 8pm dinner and move off at midnight, P L E A S E add your comments to this thread or even better :mrgreen: just pay the money :P

staffbarshaz
CREW MEMBER
CREW MEMBER

brilliant idea

Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:24 pm

yes.....a reunion would be a brilliant idea :lol:

falkor
plague
plague

Pay Pal security

Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:15 pm

All workers and anybody else interested in paying in to the reunion funds

please note that Pay Pal is an extremely secure environment and handles money in a very tight and serious manner

before pay pal take your money, they insist on "knowing" just who you are

They will do 2 test withdrawals from your card account which works like this (The expanded use number scheme)

They will deduct 85p and 73p (for example) from your card account and await your confirmation

You just e-mail them saying, ok I saw my statement, it's 85p and 73p short!!

Pay pal react by saying "OK - now we KNOW you're who you say you are!" and THEN your pay pal "identity" is sealed

At that stage you can pay into the reunion fund account

Ok it's a chore - I know - but the pay pal 'shenanigans' GUARD your details and prevent fraud, so it's worth it in the end

anybody give it a try?

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Paypal

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:26 pm

I have just set up my Paypal account.
It literally took two minutes and had four safety features to confirm my identity, including an email you need to reply to.
It then took two small amounts 33p and 47p and then asked me to verify these amounts by responding to an email.
After this(the money was returned to the account) I sent a test sum of £1.00 to Falkor.
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

if you wish to go the reunion please pay in £55 to pay pal

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:47 pm

thanks Paul

I received the test amount and I am obliged to you for demonstrating the pay pal system

I have read over what pay pal have to say, they do have many security elements in place and it's ease of use from my side is excellent

from their side they need to exercise a few "checks" on ppl 'joining' pay pal, hence the 2 amounts taken out of Paul's account that he was talking about
this only happens once, then they're satisfied that you're bonafide :mrgreen:

ok please be assured that pay pal is about as secure as you're ever going to find any internet £ finance £ system, Paul and I have both trusted our bank cards to it and are satisfied that pay pal are reliable

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Reunion in 2004

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:12 pm

Hi all,

After a conversation with Falkor a couple of days ago, we are still hoping to hold a WSFP reunion sometime in 2004, despite the lack of response to the previous reunion attempt. If you are interested in going please provide an idea of dates when you think the reunion could be held.
Maybe Easter or even August could be suitable.
Falkor is currently in the process of setting up a P.O. Box account and a dedicated bank account in which to receive cheques for the reunion (i.e. so you don't have to use a credit card).
Finally, I suggested that we could hold a charity auction on the night with all proceeds going to a charity of the members choice (such as WWF, RSPCA, Dogs Trust etc). The auction items could be from WSFP itself, but ideally SHOULD be animal orientated in some way. What do you think?
Many thanks,Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic