WSFP STAFF - REUNION to include David Taylor (WSFP vet)

This forum is purely for ex-workers of Windsor Safari Park. Messages like "Where is Jess?" or anything just for other ex-WSFP workers. Anybody can READ this forum but only ex-workers can write here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

WSFP STAFF - REUNION to include David Taylor (WSFP vet)

Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:24 pm

Would you be interested in attending a STAFF REUNION?With Paul's great help I have e-mailed David Taylor's office and he would be interested in attending, he is currently based in SurreyThe question is WHEN, HOW and WHERE?ImagePlease add your comments here, I need the great majority of members to voice their opinions on this subject. If you know Surrey then maybe you could suggest a venue or in your opinion you may think the reunion should be held somewhere elseWhatever you think, please add your comments whether negative or positive

staffbarshaz
CREW MEMBER
CREW MEMBER

REUNION

Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:49 pm

hi ...yes i would love to attend a reunion but is it only for the animal section?, or would it be for anyone else who would like to attendcheers shaz :lol: xx

falkor
plague
plague

All ex-workers at WSFP would be welcome :-)

Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:04 pm

hi Shaz :wink:Yes you do get the impression that it is just for the animal section don't you? :P That is because there are a number of "workers" who had great contact with David Taylor at WSFP and would love to see him again, as he put so much into the safari parkBUT to answer your question, the reunion would definitely be open to ALL ex-staff of WSFP - no matter which department, you would be most welcomeWhat might be really good, IMHO is if we could get a room of a pub or somewhere for the evening and have use of a TV, we could show an old WSFP video (if anybody can provide one!) perhaps, but it will probably depend on the amount of interest shown

staffbarshaz
CREW MEMBER
CREW MEMBER

is it you ??

Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:34 pm

hi...just wondering ....is the picture of the monkey (left) you ?! :wink:shaz x

falkor
plague
plague

why not pick yourself a pic??

Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:23 am

hi Shaz :oops: hehe you're right! that is certainly me

BTW if you would like to have a picture like that below your name click PROFILE in the menu below "If you ever went to Windsor Safari Park, chime in on here!" (at TOP of page)

When you're in 'profile' - shoot straight to the bottom until you see AVATAR CONTROL PANEL
when you're in there, the easiest option to click is GALLERY and pick yourself a pic!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by falkor on Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger1
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Alignment: 'Vampire'

re-union

Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:01 am

I would definately be interested in a re-union but with my job as it is i will have to see when and where you lot arrange it as to my ability to go. I saw David Taylor not long ago when he came to my place to do a zoo inspection and saw John Lewis too at Woburn a while back. Has anyone invited John? after all, he was just as important in the care of the animals as David. To get them both will be no mean feat but it would only be polite to ask him. What do you think?
"Clubby"

falkor
plague
plague

invitations would be great

Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:30 am

Hi Tiger1 8)Yes the associate vets will definitely be invited, as will all ex-workers. I am glad to say that there is a good deal of interest in a reunion, but it may take a little time to organise :roll:I have received a number of e-mails and PMs on the subject which have been grand to read for sureY'know I had not even thought of organising a reunion at St Leonard's Mansion until contact from John Jeffries, I then thought "We have GOT to try this venue" :mrgreen:Well John is making enquiries (He works at Legoland) and I have searched the Legoland website in case there are any details, but sadly I can't find any, do Legoland actually offer St Leonards to the General Public for functions? I can't see it mentioned on the Legoland WebsiteI am sure that St Leonards would be everybody's choice venue, but if this is not possible, then we will have to think again :oops:It will only be possible to send out invitations to people like John Lewis, when we have decided on a venue and a date. There are about 100 ex-WSFP workers registered on Friends Reunited and it may be possible to e-mail them too, once we have the venue and reunion date all fixed.I know it's a pain having to wait ages for all this to come to fruition, but it's better to take our time putting this together carefully, than to botch it and just a few ppl turn up who think it's pants. That is pretty crudely put but ..... you know what I mean! :wink:Image The legendary big cats may be long gone, but is St Leonards Mansion still back at WSFP? (errrr I mean Legoland I think. It would be GREAT to have the reunion there! :) )

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

reunion

Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:35 pm

St. Leonard's mansion would be a fantastic venue,.
And I agree wholeheartedly with Tiger1's suggestion about the associate vets.
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

the venue has to be St Leonard's

Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:06 pm

Day Delegate Rate in the JFK = £62 per person inc room hire, tea/coffee, buffet lunch, flipchart and screen
Half Day Delegate Rate = £45 inc lunch or £35 exc lunch
Corporate Tickets = Adults - £14.95, Child - £11.95 and Senior - £9.95
JFK Room Hire = £1500
Dinner = £55 per person inc reception drink, 3 course meal and gift
ok - these are the basic prices :shock:

we are looking at MID JANUARY 2004

arrive St Leonard's 6pm for BUFFET dinner (7pm) finish midnight

NO BAR but Legoland staff have previously set out beer, lager other alcohol on liquor tables for guests (sounds strange to me but maybe we can explore on that) at "meetings" like this, I would prefer a bar and will talk to them again about this (any views please?)

Price of entry is £55 EACH, now I know that sounds steep but this reunion is going to be a BRILLIANT event to attend, we will have some great people to chat to and hear from

We all want St Leonard's mansion and I say, we have to swallow the £55 price... IT WILL BE WORTH IT

The date is deliberately 3 months away because

A) plenty of notice provided to all interested parties
B) we will know by December whether there is sufficient support for this or not

WE MUST DECIDE on an exact date in January and submit a £500 deposit as soon as possible

that means, as soon as TEN MEMBERS have paid their £55 then it's CONFIRMED

I see the scheme working like this

In the next 2 weeks this thread must receive suggestions for mid January dates, you propose a date and we'll juggle it around

so by 5th Nov we must settle on a date in mid January for the reunion

I will direct all interested parties to PAY IN £55 to a pay pal account in my name that I already have set up on internet

If £500 is not paid into that account by 6th December - all monies will be returned to the members by cheque from me and the reunion will naturally have to be cancelled

Surely we can get more than ten members to pay into this!!

Ok let's start the ball rolling, when in MID JANUARY would you like to see this reunion happen? A Friday night 6pm? A Saturday night 6pm?

PLEASE chime in here with any views you have

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

reunion

Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:41 pm

I would suggest a Friday night. This would then enable people to arrange quick connections on public transport on the Saturday. I for one won't be driving!!
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:54 pm

weeeell Friday 23rd January is good for me, how does that look for others? [remember the date will be fixed on 5th Nov, we are only bouncing dates around at this stage ]

If you wish to COMMIT to this venture then pay £55 into my pay pal account

pay pal button HERE at the BOTTOM of that page [you will see Falkor@surrey .... don't worry .... :P that IS me ! :P

No monies will be refunded until 6th December

On 6th December I will report how much money has been paid in. If you have not "backed out" by then, your money will be used to pay Legoland the £500 deposit

You may "back out" prior to 6th December if you wish, in which case you will get a CHEQUE for £55 sent to you by post at your chosen address - on 6th Dec but after 6th December there are no refunds I am afraid

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Hotels

Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:05 pm

Does anyone know of any reasonable hotels near to Legoland, or in Windsor itself?
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:25 am

how about £60 a night?

more choices here

A total of £55 + £60 = £115 hmmmm pricey but ultimately a truly glorious day to remember!!

I am sure that a get together in Windsor Town Centre for a few of us the following day could easily be arranged (for the hardened members 8) only)

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

re

Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:46 am

Sounds good!!
Many thanks,Paul.

matt

WSP reunion

Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:31 pm

Hello all, it's only been 11 years and this is the first real organised reunion I've heard of, good on yu.
I started at WSP in the mid 80's. As with a lot of people my holiday job became my fulltime job and my love affair with WSP began. I first started out on Rides and Amusements in the days of the old fort and mad Jack on the remote cars and boats. When I became fulltime, I ran the "famous" Toboggan ride before being made team leader of all the top section. After many a freezing Winters day waiting for any sign of life I decided I needed to work my way indoors, so moved deparments to catering and the Lodge. A few months in I was asked to move to Functions and it was here I stayed until the park unfortunatly closed.
Going back to the reunion Do You really think Lego will let a load of ex WSP employees loose in the Mansion!?
Does anyone remember the Squirrels pub down the road from the park, after leaving WSP I ran it for 5 years and still frequent it to this day. This would make a great venue.
I'm still with Karen(Education) my animal link, we are still in touch with many ex WSP employees and are always saying how there should be a REUNION.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic