This is for general chat on any WSFP issue. Have you got a QUESTION to pose for other WSFP members? Did you construct a ride at WSFP? Did you work there and you can tell a funny story? Anything other than the straight visitor entries can go here.
Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz
I went on this ride, with my Great Grandfather (RIP) when I was about 10 years of age. I wanted to go faster, but there were people in front of me. I remember the ride being situated on a fairly steep and large sloap, and you had to queue at the top. I don't remember anything about the zoo, only this ride, which obviously had a great impact on me. Anyway, I have a few questions for you guys!
1) Did this ride close with the Park in 1992? Or did it still exist as part of Legoland? I really can't imagine it being demolished...
2) Most importantly, does anyone have any photographs of this ride??
Any help would be much appreciated!
- Posts: 498
- Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:38 am
- Location: Surrey
1) yes the ride closed with the park in 1992
yes it was demolished
it is nowhere to be found at Legoland. The only thing that Legoland held onto from WSFP was the train service that started at the top near Sea World that went down the hill past the rhinos
THAT train line is still at Legoland now
2) >> click here for photo <<
but allow 2 minutes to load in !!
http://www.windsorsafaripark.org.uk/win ... /id13.html
Giles, try the above for more info
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:52 pm
- Location: lincs
i remember this being built. lost count of the times they cut through electric cables and i had to repair them.