Killer whale info

This is for general chat on any WSFP issue. Have you got a QUESTION to pose for other WSFP members? Did you construct a ride at WSFP? Did you work there and you can tell a funny story? Anything other than the straight visitor entries can go here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

A-hereford

Killer whale info

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi. First thing, I'm new to this, and I've never actually been to WSP, so i want to know some stuff on the whales!
Did they keep one of them on pier somewhere at some point? (My dad keeps saying they did, & that it was when the park closed down, so I want to know what he's on about!)
And did they ever have more than one whale at a time? (I'd be worried if they did, judging by the size of the tank I've seen that they keep them in!)Thanks alot, Ash :D

falkor
plague
plague

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

hi Ash, welcome to the site matie :mrgreen:

< on pier >

what the heck is on pier? :shock: never heard of that

Image click photo for more

there's one of WSFP's best whales, and Ash, they only ever had one whale at a time :wink: I can tell you that

A-hereford

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:05 am

Hi. Thnx for that!
The 'on pier' thing was ment to be 'on a pier', as in a pier that goes over the sea. I don't know what he meant, he just told me that when the park closed, the whale was placed on a pier somwhere, until they could find a home for it. :?
HELP!!!!!!!!!

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Clacton Pier

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:05 pm

Hello Ash,

I think your dad is right, "dad is always right" :lol: :lol: Clacton Pier by Clacton-On-Sea Essex. This was the home for Nemo a young killer whale. Due to a few problems Nemo was sent to WSP as a holding area until a new home could be found. Nemo and Winnie spent some time in the same pool area. You should not be upset about the two whales in the same small pool it was probably nice for them to hear one of there own.

Unfortunately Nemo died soon after arriving at the park :cry: . I hope this information helps clear up some of your dads comments. This all took place around 1983. The death of Nemo caused authority's to start taking a closer look at the dolphinarium industry, this may have contributed in a small part to the park closing many years later.

Thank You.
Lee.

A-hereford

Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:25 pm

Hmm.... thnx, interesting! That helped alot thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic