By the 1990s, attractions at the park included:
• The African Queen Riverboat Ride – A heavily themed boat ride.
• Mumbo Jumbo Elephant Ride – A Dumbo the Flying Elephant type ride.
• Safari Jeep Ride – A small tracked ride on which young children could ‘drive’ their own Jeeps.
• Black Mamba Snake Slide – This was a double helter skelter style tube slide, where you could choose to ride either the green & yellow or black & white snakes that entwined the same tower.
• Limpopo Crocodiles Ride
• Swamp Devil Octopus Ride
• Turtle Ride
• Kilimanjaro Toboggan Ride
• Small motorised bikes and carts for younger children
• A Shooting Gallery
• Elephant Gardens (a £1 million pound new elephant enclosure with the ‘Treetops’ walkway viewing platform).
• New for Spring 1990 were the Safari Roadtrains – Which allowed guests to experience the Safari Park section without having to take their own cars through.
• Seaworld Show – Featuring performances from the park’s Sealions, Dolphins and Britain’s only Killer Whale.
• The African Tiki Show – An animatronic children’s show.
• Birds of Prey Show
• The Arabian Knights Extravaganza Show
• Parrot Island Show
• African Arts Theatre
• Adventureland – An outdoor adventure playground
• Children’s petting zoo
the whole article is great BUT if you're rushed just zip to the bottom for an impressive dozen new photos (1990s)
This is for general chat on any WSFP issue. Have you got a QUESTION to pose for other WSFP members? Did you construct a ride at WSFP? Did you work there and you can tell a funny story? Anything other than the straight visitor entries can go here.
Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz