20th anniversary of the CLOSE DOWN

This is for general chat on any WSFP issue. Have you got a QUESTION to pose for other WSFP members? Did you construct a ride at WSFP? Did you work there and you can tell a funny story? Anything other than the straight visitor entries can go here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

20th anniversary of the CLOSE DOWN

Post by falkor » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 pm

was anybody at the park during the year of the closedown? Image

twenty years have gone by - can you believe it? :77

electronic78

Re: 20th anniversary of the CLOSE DOWN

Post by electronic78 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 am

Falkor,

I'll certainly be thinking about what we could do to remember the closure in October of this year. One of the guys I work with here just to work at the park.

I'll have an ask around to see if anyone thinks there's some legs in the story - I'm sure there is.

I, personally, have very fond memories of the WSP as you're aware!

- Rory
(at BBC Radio Berkshire)

falkor
plague
plague

Post by falkor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 pm

hi Rory, thanks for the comment and just a thought but would you be interested in having 3 or 4 of us from this website on radio talking about the Safari park, what we liked about the park what we didn't like, what the problems were, why the Park went bust etc

I think that would be a lively hour for radio, is that something you would like to do?

or are you thinking of something else?

electronic78

Post by electronic78 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 am

Falkor,

Yes - that sounds ideal. It could sit well on Anne Diamond's programme? I'll have a word with some of the producers here. It'd be arranged miuch nearer the time, but still ahead of time to arrange any special requirements if you get me?

I think I've got your email so I'll message you and we can go from there.

LONG LIVE WINDSOR SAFARI PARK!!!!

- Rory

tiger1
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by tiger1 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 pm

I was there at the close down. Re-homed the Lions. Still have the letters of administration and the full inventory of the park at closure that was sent out to prospective buyers. Can't ever forget it.
Still in the industry as Curator at Dartmoor Zoo of "We bought a zoo" fame. (Google it)
Let me know if anything goes down. I have connections with a film company who will possibly be interested in doing something connected to fit in with a new DVD were making.
"Clubby"

falkor
plague
plague

Post by falkor » Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Tiger I have 2 ideas, but more would be welcome :2

1) 25th October is the actual twentieth anniversary of the day that the park closed it gates for the last time, so far rickles2351 and SAS have come forward to say that they will be chatting at 10am on our chat window on that day and I am hoping more members will sign up to that, we also have an evening chat session - by tez bobrowicz, he has confirmed he will be chatting from 9pm, From 6pm: eddypowell, so 7pm and 8pm are needing members to commit to

2) I have already proposed to other senior members the booking of a board room at St Leonard's mansion SAT 20 OCT 2012 but I cannot get anybody to confirm that they would take the floor and give us a speech for 30 minutes, would you?

there are 2 ideas from me, can you propose anything? :r

Goldie
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by Goldie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Evening all....Justin here worked on cats with Clubby and crew...I missed the close down, got laid off thankfully couldnt have handled it happening in front of my eyes, I loved those animals too much to see them shipped out or destroyed.

Anyway hope everyones cool. I was logeed in under a different name but nostalgia brings me back....Lego land makes me sic...I can still see some of the trees if and when I drive past that were there during the parks days. 4 of the best and craziest years of my life.

Anyone who knows me feel free to get in touch... J

Goldie
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by Goldie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3cSxldQ4YM

Just found this..... look at Bullet.... man he was some Lion...huge animal. Loved that fella, lovely temper. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic