Elephants at the Park

This is for general chat on any WSFP issue. Have you got a QUESTION to pose for other WSFP members? Did you construct a ride at WSFP? Did you work there and you can tell a funny story? Anything other than the straight visitor entries can go here.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

tez bobrowicz
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Elephants at the Park

Post by tez bobrowicz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Can anyone give me any information on the Elephants at the Park? I know that there was BURMA and Hazel but can’t remember the name of the 3rd Elephant? Also was there a 4th Elephant? And dose anyone know how long they where with the CIRCUS or there age’s?

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Re: Elephants at the Park

Post by Paul Scott » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Tez,

They are at Knowsley Safari Park now. I have a season ticket to attend year round so I will get some info for you as soon as I can. The clutch has just gone on my car so it might be a week or so!
They have some interesting signs up with a photo and brief details including dates of birth so that might come in handy.

Paul
Many thanks,Paul.

tez bobrowicz
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by tez bobrowicz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks for that mate.

Goldie
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by Goldie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Emotional trip to Port Lympne two weeks ago. I have not been to a park for some time, Marwell and London most recently. I was aware kind of that the Indian Ellys went to Port Lympne but the park had changed massively from the park I visited nearly 20 years ago and Ive yet to visit Howletts, also a 20 year gap from my last visit. On the truck ride early the driver announced Kruger was visible on the left hand side. I was very very moved as the last time I saw Kruger he was a tiny fella. This beast in front of us was a full grown beauty. I hope this was the same animal or the lump in my throat was wasted.

Anyone able to shed light on this for me....?

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic