MUSIC DVDS ONLY

Shoot the breeze with other safari members in here, talk about anything you like but remember, we're friendly, not fire breathing.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

MUSIC DVDS ONLY

Thu May 10, 2007 9:42 am

just music DVDs on here please - NOTHING ELSE!!

okay me first :twisted:

I have always been pretty dubious of buying music DVDs, as the thought occurs that they will contain a load of stuff that, although from the right person/ group - just happens to be stuff that you don't like!!

and I have nevertheless bought a few music DVDs and been very disappointed, with my greatest fears being borne out totally :x

HOWEVER

along comes Image Led Zeppelin double DVD (2003)

wow!! this has knocked my socks off totally!! :D the sound is crystal clear, the vision is a real treat and the whole lot just seems to go on forever, in a marvellous Led Zep story/ compilation

Robert Plant is interviewed on "The Old Grey Whistle Test" and reveals that he would not do a solo album, in the most endearing terms!! But this is just an example of what a colossal DVD set this is

an even EARLIER interview ... in the US I believe ... reveals that Led Zep were in the charts alongside THE BEATLES!!! can you believe that Led Zep were making chart positions in competition to the Beatles?? wow I guess they really do go that far back, but somehow this came as a shock to me and during that intrerview, Jimmy Page most politely declined any comparison to the Beatles whatsoever :!: :lol:

now that interview shows an extremely YOUNG Robert Plant and Jimmy Page I have to tell you - and suddenly it is cruelly CUT :shock: what a shame!

Stairway to heaven for me SHOULD have been the most stand out song on there, but somehow it is hugely overshadowed by KASHMIR, which if you watch nothing else YOU GOTTA SEE THAT!!! incredible Led Zep in full flow

Now 'Whole Lotta Love' (The famous TOTP anthem) is actually in there 2 or 3 times - it's so insipid on DISC 2, so try the DISC 1 version which is WAY WAY better

the DVD set is one of the BEST music DVDs I have ever had the pleasure of watching and on top of that, includes 2 'background booklets' that tell you all about the footage you're watching!! these booklets include many terrific photos of the band members as well and quite honestly, give yourself a whole flippin month to digest it all :mrgreen: fabulous

okay WHO'S NEXT?? MUSIC DVD reviews ONLY please!!

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Music DVD's

Thu May 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi all,

My favourite is Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion Tour II.

The riffs from Slash are awesome, the energy given by G'N'R has to be seen to be believed and Axl Rose never stops!

Plus it has all my favourite tracks on: Don't Cry, Live and let Die etc.
Many thanks,Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic