do something else

Shoot the breeze with other safari members in here, talk about anything you like but remember, we're friendly, not fire breathing.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

do something else

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 am

Trainee air traffic controllers - Open Test Days London and Manchester 21st February 2007

Looking for a high flying career with world class paid training and eventual earnings of £85k per annum?
Then consider a career as an Air Traffic Controller (ATCO) with NATS, the UK’s leading provider of Air Traffic Management.

To be eligible you must be:-
  • Over 18 as at the date of application
  • Have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths at Grade C or above, plus evidence of post GCSE study to “A” level standard
  • Have the right to work in the UK
  • Be available to commence work on 26th March 2007
  • Understand that you will be on a mobile contract and after initial training at Bournemouth could be posted anywhere in the UK.
To begin your first steps on this excellent career, you will need to book a slot on our open test days in either the Cumberland Hotel, London or the Renaissance Hotel, Manchester. Please call 01489 616090 and select your preferred location and time. You should expect to be at the test day for around 4 hours.

You will need to provide your name, contact number and a valid email address when booking your test and will then be sent all of the test details via email.

Read on for more information about the test day and career...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test day information
By booking a test day and making the first steps to a career in air traffic control, you will be making a great decision. That’s one attribute we look for in our controllers, but do you have the other aptitudes required to make the grade??

At our first stage test day you will complete 3 aptitude tests, a personality questionnaire and have the opportunity to chat with an Air Traffic Controller who can tell you what it is really like to work at NATS in this challenging yet rewarding role. Ask what you want and you will receive honest answers from someone who has been there and done it!

No preparation is required for the day but we would recommend you view the links below so you have a greater understanding of the role.

Learn more at: http://www.natscareers.co.uk

Further details will be emailed to you when you have called to book a time slot.

Results will be emailed to you by Friday 23rd February and you will need to be available to attend the final stage interview week commencing 26th Feb in Southampton.

Just think – you could be starting a whole new career on 26th March 2007!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career information
If you are the type of person who thinks that the world should come to them then this career isn’t for you. We need people who believe that to get what they want, they need to work hard.

We will support you all the way and our qualified instructors will share their expert knowledge with you in our state of the art training college, but you need to be committed and determined to complete our tough college course and on the job training. In return for your commitment we offer you excellent career prospects, great working hours, ongoing training, a fantastic working environment and competitive benefits.

Your initial salary with NATS will be £10,000 and within three years of starting with NATS, you can expect to receive a salary of up to £49,000 (including shift pay and dependent on unit.) Your potential earnings within 10 years can be expected to be around £85,000 (dependent on unit.)

For more information on the training course, the career and other valuable information please visit http://www.natscareers.co.uk (NB Click 'Careers' then 'Job Descriptions' then 'Controllers').

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Re: do something else

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:43 pm

falkor wrote:Trainee air traffic controllers - Open Test Days London and Manchester 21st February 2007

Looking for a high flying career with world class paid training and eventual earnings of £85k per annum?
Then consider a career as an Air Traffic Controller (ATCO) with NATS, the UK’s leading provider of Air Traffic Management.
I could do with a career change but in this day and age I think a little stressful for me. I have lost touch with the U.K going pay rate for different careers based on the cost of living now. Ten thousand pounds seems a little short even for training purposes but I can see eighty five thousand pounds at the end of the day ( if your lucky ) making a difference :D

I think if I took on a career change ( stranger things have happened ) I would like to work alone, maybe the friendly village postman or the milk man who can deliver three glass milk bottles in each hand at one time ( showing my age again ). I am not afraid of hard work but have a difficult time with the human politics of the office or work place on occasion. A little manual work might do me good, if the body can take it :shock: On the flip side, working from home with an inanimate object ( my computer ) would work will. The stock market gets my juices flowing, just you and the" buy" and "sell" 8) We shall see!

Good article.
Lee

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic