Safari park warns drivers as baboons grab the flags

Shoot the breeze with other safari members in here, talk about anything you like but remember, we're friendly, not fire breathing.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Martin Wainwright
Thursday June 22, 2006
The Guardian

Baboons in a wildlife park have built up a huge collection of England flags after turning their attentions to the World Cup emblems instead of their traditional prey, windscreen wipers.
Keepers at Knowsley safari park on Merseyside are warning visitors to remove the flags before driving through the section where 120 baboons roam.

The park's general manager, David Ross, said: "The baboons were all born on Merseyside and they're probably as football-mad as everyone else round here. They have always been great fun but they are the vandals of the animal world."

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Knowsley

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:04 am

I went to Knowsley Safari Park a few weeks ago with my brother and told him to take his England flags off as I could see the baboons ripping them off and having a great time before we entered the reserve.
Unfortunately, we also saw a smashed bottle of vodka on the road and a group of baboons licking it off the road, fortunately when we came out of the reserve 10 or 15 minutes later a group of young men were being arrested, presumably for their vandalism and callousness.
Many thanks,Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic