who owns more than 10 records (LPs) ??

Shoot the breeze with other safari members in here, talk about anything you like but remember, we're friendly, not fire breathing.

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

falkor
plague
plague

who owns more than 10 records (LPs) ??

Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 pm

Image I just put this on my Xmas list :wink:

ittUSB Turntable with USB Audio Interface
Information:
Manufacturer: ION
Price: £119.99

Give a new lease of life to your music collection

Introducing the ITT USB Turntable that will transfer your vinyl collection to CD or MP3! Turn all of your golden oldies LP's to a brand new MP3 format.

Features:
• Plug and Play USB compatibility with both PC and Mac
• Includes everything you need to transfer your music, as well as a slipmat, counterweight, platter, usb cable, and a pre mounted stylus
• Tape input to allow transfer of tapes as well
• 33 and 45 RPM Buttons (78’s are played at 33 and then converted by the software)
• ± 10% adjustable pitch control
• Phono line outputs
• Packaged with all necessary cables to interconnect with both a computer and stereo playback system
• Includes Audacity software for Mac/PC recording as well as a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl
• Audacity supports high-speed recording, then returns music to original playback speed
• Audacity software includes ability to export to WAV and MP3
• Adjustable pitch - belt drive turntable including a slipmat, USB cable and Stylus
• Adjustable Anti-Skating control for increased stereo balancing
• Requires a PC running Windows 98, 2000, XP, a MAC running OS9 or higher and a USB port 1.1 or higher.
• Product weight: 5.5Kg

Featuring simple to follow Plug and Play USB compatibility with both PC and Macintosh computers. This product is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards .
The turntable makes digitizing your vinyl record collection a breeze. Equipped with an adjustable anti-skating control for increased stereo balance, support for 33.33 and 45 RPM playback speeds, ± 10% adjustable pitch control, and a 1/8-inch stereo minijack input connector to facilitate the transfer of cassette tapes. Combined with Audacitys software for removing clicks and other noises, the TTUSB is an easy-to-use, comprehensive solution to the challenge of transferring ones record collection to a computer or portable music player.

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:36 am

Oooh, this looks good - I have sadly still got over 300 LP's and about 400 singles (From 70's and 80's mostly).
Just cant bear to get rid of them...................
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

falkor
plague
plague

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:47 pm

Berni - with that gizmo you can transfer the best of your LPs to CD

what do you reckon? :wink:

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:28 am

falkor wrote:Berni - with that gizmo you can transfer the best of your LPs to CD

what do you reckon? :wink:
I want one - now.................... :lol:
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

Prue Halliwell

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:21 pm

I was seriously considering saving up for one of these gadgets as I've got a huge Lp collection that I'm still adding too. But I'm finding so many of these are now available on CD's and also as mp3's online that it probably wouldn't be financially viable. So no it won't be on my Christmas list this time. 8)

falkor
plague
plague

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:40 pm

yeah that is true Prue but think of this too

many of your LPs ARE available on CD but how much? in HMV I see plenty of CDs that I recognise that were LPs, now going for £10 - £15 - some even more

HMV seem to say "look we have everything you could want"

"if you want it ..... PAY £ £ £"

another thing is that there are a good half dozen LPs that I love to bits that I have never seen on CD, I have even tried ordering them on CD at WHSMITH etc to find they were deleted from the catalogue years ago

I haven't got the ittUSB Turntable ....... yet but I'm very tempted

to say the least :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic