Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz
Overview: The following tutorial is a step by step guide on how to upload a single image into your account using the main Photobucket uploader.
Steps to Take:
1. Log into your Photobucket account at http://www.photobucket.com
2. From the navigation bar at the top of your album, select the "albums & upload" tab.
3. Navigate to the album you would like to upload your image into.
4. From the upload panel, click on the "images from my PC" tab.
Note: This process is the same for both Mac and PC computers, but the tab will say "images from my mac" on a Macintosh.
5. You can set the "max image size" for your upload by clicking on the 'options' link. You can do this either before you browse for an image, or after.
Note: You can also choose to "Scramble" your filenames from here as well.
6. Browse your computer for the file you want to upload.
Note: Make sure the filename does not have any special characters such as ( / * , ‘ …etc.
7. Double click on the image you would like to upload, or select the "Open" button with the image highlighted.
Note: Supported image file types are jpg, gif, png, bmp (bmp will convert to jpg on upload) and swf files.
8. The "click to add title" field will let you add a description or title to your image. This will display above the image in your album and will be accessible with Photobucket "Search" if your account is set to public.
Selecting the "remove" link will remove the image from the upload panel. If you would like to choose a different image, click remove.
9. Click on the "Upload" button when you are ready to proceed. This will start the uploading process for your image.
10. The progress meter will be enabled as your image begins to upload. This may take longer depending on the size of your image and the speed of your internet connection.
11. When the image has successfully uploaded, a message will appear at the top of your page that says "1 of 1 image has uploaded!"
12. Your image is now available in your Photobucket account for sharing and linking around the web!
13. Then click on the IMG Code and copy and paste into your post.