hello

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

blakey

hello

Post by blakey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:34 pm

hi all, im dave from west yorkshire.

i went to windsor once when i was younger, but my main reason for being on here is that they filmed mutiny on the buses there in 1972.
I run the official on the buses forum (www.otbfanforum.4umer.net) and i am doing some research into the park whilst it was used for filming.

glad to be here :D

falkor
plague
plague

Re: hello

Post by falkor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:37 pm

How did on the buses start?

On February 14th 1969, at Wembley television studios, an audience were about to take their seats in stage 3 to watch the filming of a brand new sitcom.

A countdown clock was ticking towards the start of the biggest comedy show ever to hit UK audiences. VTR #0157 was the film sequence that would be the beginning of ‘The Early Shift’ – the first ever episode of ‘on the buses’.

Greeted with the opening titles of a Bristol FLF Lodekka being driven down a Wood green road with Reg Varney at the wheel, this opening show was the start of what would soon become one to gain millions of viewers and to spawn 3 spin-off films - one of which would out-sell James Bond’s Diamonds are forever.

The start of 74 episodes, which would propel its cast into the most popular stars of their time.
it's all good stuff, welcome blakey, v sorry to hear of Reg Varney's death recently :(

blakey

Re: hello

Post by blakey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:47 pm

thanks falkor, thats just the portal bit, most info is in the forum itself at http://www.otbfanforum.4umer.net/forum.htm
i too was saddened to hear about reg, but his memory will live on thru his tv work :)

thanks for the warm welcome, i can see ill enjoy it here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic