G'day! Charles (late 70s) Baboons here

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Sas
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: G'day! Charles (late 70s) Baboons here

Post by Sas » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 am

Ha Ha Lol awesome mate well I thorght id left late summer 77 but it could have been 78 as I hung about with you and Bruce, I did come back a few times after I left and crashed at tez's I also remember crashing at the White House I think Bruce had a room there, but I was well gone before the stricj started such a shame then, d you remember the black lad called Nig and Paul with the Mk1 Cortina we used to have such a laugh there all part of growing up but what a place to do it in, where you there when the CB club used to go to the restaurant above the rhino house, we used to go up on top of the white house set up and call them every name under the roof man that was awesome, they'd be driving round trying to find us to give us a good kicking and they never sussed we were on the roof, I still think the best fight was the one with the Tiger Gary clearing out the Gold Mine Disco in second's bloody funny as fuck,

Bloody hell I have to go do some work catch you later

Sassy Big Boy
Martin wrote:Sas-man I've got a real bad feeling I remember that fireworks do....... what month did you leave the park? Did I know you when you were working there or did you come back to the bars some nights to haunt us? I started in Jan (7th) 1977.
But Christ do I remember spraying the purple spray (Terymycin?) on that twat's bollocks with fellow rebel rouser Charles the Cad!
As you've probably read on another thread on this forum, Bruce and myself were responsible for hanging the cave man and setting the sabre toothed tiger free!!
Billy Bliss (sadly no longer with us) and I were the ones (and I'm bloody sure we were not the first) who shimmied up the Education centre flagpole to nick the Union Jack (couldn't ever get the main gate ones as they were taken down every night!).......
Robbie Still and I were the ones who raided the building site down the back road (on the way to the Sebastopol) to nick loads of sheets of plywood and doorframes to build our own cubicles in the middle flat.......
And I've forgotten the amount of punch-ups we had with the Windsor "lads" outside the bars..... usually over some under age Windsor lass (the name Jane Farrant springs to mind!). Christ, the first week I was there we were all sitting in the top bar..... all in our cliquey groups (Dolphin boys, Lion boys and Rest Of Us).... something kicked off between a Windsor lad and Beechy (he was with Sandra then, another under age Windsor lass!) and we ALL, as a group, stood up and stared the Windsor contingent down...... brilliant! (Jeff Wilson, who had taken me under his wing as I seemed to "click" with his beloved Elephants, showed me where he and Big Bill and Les stashed all the elephant hooks and chair legs if anything should ever get nasty!!)
Honestly, I never had so much fun in my life! Fantastic bunch of folk!

Martin
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Martin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 am

REMOVED BY FALKOR ON 13 MARCH 2008 at 1754 for breach of registration terms
Attachments
Charles's Claire 003.jpg
Charles's Claire 003.jpg (42.14 KiB) Viewed 9987 times

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:17 am

Martin wrote:
REMOVED BY FALKOR ON 13 MARCH 2008 at 1754 for breach of registration terms
Any one got photo's of Me and what ever happened to the girls Tanya Grey I went out with, Snowey was going out with a nice blond, Bruce had a corker of a chick, Martin with Claire very nice mate we were spoilt for chicks, I used to pick Tanya up from Windsor Girls School man that was hard work ha ha lol so come on gang let's dig out them photos
Sas

Cad
ROOKIE CREW

Post by Cad » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Whoops-a-daisy. My last post got 'moderated'... Too much Tudor invective, I'm afraid. Sorry about the language Gents, Smart's always make me sooo emotional.

Martin, you old Dahlin'! Certainly is Clare. Fantatsic. Got caught out by her otherwise we'd have been married. Lucky girl, eh?

I have got many photos, certainly you with ele's at Port Lympne and probably others, but all in Blighty so sorry, but you'll have to wait for those.

Got to dash to work - Cheers - CC

Cad
ROOKIE CREW

Post by Cad » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:14 am

REMOVED BY FALKOR ON 13 MARCH 2008 at 1800 for breach of registration terms

spiderlegs

Post by spiderlegs » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:50 am

How can you lot sit there and bad mouth Gary,he was a top bloke and a great leader.
a nonny muss reptile keeper

Sas
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Sas » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:14 am

Yea and he Sacked you like everyone else ha ha lol about time you joined in kev, as for my Cherry yes I lost it there too lol, but not to Tanya so who was it ????

Sas

spiderlegs

Post by spiderlegs » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:46 pm

First time i left to go bumming round France with Simon Comp.Second time for smoking dope.
When i have the time will give the story of me and Simon,one month hitching in France.
I fort i wos in kog
nitto?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi ... Trixie here. Have just been reading the posts ... I had no idea most of this stuff was going on!!! Fran and I must have lived a very quiet life. You were asking about Fran. Well he is now living in Devon. We separated years ago but remain good pals and he is very happy with his partner, BB, and working part time. Chris, our younger son, is in Manchester, having a great life. Our older lad Jamie, lives in Holyport and is a graphic designer with Vodafone - you will see his work when you go on Vodafone Live. I have got lots of pics [mostly press stuff] from the old days but haven't got a clue how to post them on this board. I am living in North Wales having remarried and am working part time for my sister. I met up with Wayne Reid in London recently - he hadn't changed much at all and it was just lovely to see him again after all these years.
I am going to put all my pics on a website and then post the link on here - I think you'll enjoy seeing them.
Lots of love to everyone ... I've had such a laugh reading through all these messsages.
Trix xx

Sas
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Sas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:46 am

Guest wrote:Hi ... Trixie here. Have just been reading the posts ... I had no idea most of this stuff was going on!!! Fran and I must have lived a very quiet life. You were asking about Fran. Well he is now living in Devon. We separated years ago but remain good pals and he is very happy with his partner, BB, and working part time. Chris, our younger son, is in Manchester, having a great life. Our older lad Jamie, lives in Holyport and is a graphic designer with Vodafone - you will see his work when you go on Vodafone Live. I have got lots of pics [mostly press stuff] from the old days but haven't got a clue how to post them on this board. I am living in North Wales having remarried and am working part time for my sister. I met up with Wayne Reid in London recently - he hadn't changed much at all and it was just lovely to see him again after all these years.
I am going to put all my pics on a website and then post the link on here - I think you'll enjoy seeing them.
Lots of love to everyone ... I've had such a laugh reading through all these messsages.
Trix xx
Hi Trix,
Great to hear from you we have had a great time catching up on all the stuff we used to do, i'm looking forward to seeing all your photo's, if you do speak with fran please pass on all our regards it would be great if you could get him on here for a chat as we would all love to say hi, please stay with us Trix as you were a part of that very speical place RWSP
Best regards
Sas
x

tez bobrowicz
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by tez bobrowicz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Hay,Hay Hay Trixie, I back up what Sas Said. Truly grate to hear from you. It sounds as if you have had a lot happen to you over the years, just as we all have. I can remember Jamie when he was first born, come to think of it he was probably the first RWSP baby? It so good to hear he is doing well and you sound so very proud of him. As Sas said please give Frances our regards and we all would really like for him to support this web sit. He was our leader and we all loved him a good deal. Please do let us have the web address for the photos. Between us all we must have quite an archive, it would be nice if we could get them altogether in one place for posterity, and share them with the rest of the world. Hasn't Carol done well? It only seems like yesterday when we would all go to the new disco in Bracknell. If you could give us a contact for Francis I would really appreciate it. Be happy. Tez.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone ... do you know it is just so lovely to hear that you all think so highly of Fran after all these years. He was and still is a very special person. I have just published my first few pics so here is the link. There are only around a dozen so far, but Jamie has done loads which should be here any day now, and when I get some time I am going to go through all the old stuff and publish them too.

http://gallery.mac.com/trixieh#100029

Hope you like them. There are a couple which are pre Windsor but still nice.

I heard from Jimmy and Sharon Shaw recently. They have a monkey sanctuary in Ascot. Here's the link to their website. It's good to hear that they are doing so well.
http://www.lakeviewmonkeysanctuary.co.uk

Gary Smart runs the Blue Harbour Amusement Park at Littlehampton. I had no idea he was up to no good with the lads at Windsor. I did chuckle when Rob Still was mentioned. He had a squirrel he kept in the flat at the giraffe house called Colin Hector Campbell and Jamie accidentally let it out ... oops!

This site is great.
love Trix xx

tez bobrowicz
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by tez bobrowicz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi, Trixie. Stunning photos wow! More please. I never knew about Robby's squirrel, but Comp had one too (76) its name was Gandalf the grey (squirrel). Don't forget to post more pics soon "PLEASE". All our love Tez and just about every one else. Be happy.

Sas
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Sas » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Guest wrote:Hi Everyone ... do you know it is just so lovely to hear that you all think so highly of Fran after all these years. He was and still is a very special person. I have just published my first few pics so here is the link. There are only around a dozen so far, but Jamie has done loads which should be here any day now, and when I get some time I am going to go through all the old stuff and publish them too.

http://gallery.mac.com/trixieh#100029

Hope you like them. There are a couple which are pre Windsor but still nice.

I heard from Jimmy and Sharon Shaw recently. They have a monkey sanctuary in Ascot. Here's the link to their website. It's good to hear that they are doing so well.
http://www.lakeviewmonkeysanctuary.co.uk

Gary Smart runs the Blue Harbour Amusement Park at Littlehampton. I had no idea he was up to no good with the lads at Windsor. I did chuckle when Rob Still was mentioned. He had a squirrel he kept in the flat at the giraffe house called Colin Hector Campbell and Jamie accidentally let it out ... oops!

This site is great.
love Trix xx
Awesome photo's hun we want more ha ha lol Love and Hug's
Sassy Big Boy x

Cad
ROOKIE CREW

Post by Cad » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am

Hi Trixie
Guess I was a real minion in those days and way too far down the food chain to know you in the Windsor era but absolutely brilliant to hear from you anyway - and terrific photos too! In case there should be any doubt, Francis is certainly remembered with much respect, and a great deal of affection, as the 'firewall' (never had that word in those days!) between us and the much feared and vilified G.
Francis also provided me with a reference a long time ago that made a great deal of difference to the way my life went so, next time you speak with him, pass him on my very best.
Keep in touch and keep the faith!
Best
Charles Cadwallader - Windsor, late 70's and current Curator of Auckland Zoo - NZ.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic