1973 TO 74 ?

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Wolf

1973 TO 74 ?

Post by Wolf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi, worked in the Dolphinarium 73 to 74 - moved to Zandvoort 11/74 for a couple of years. Doug and Barry were my mentors. Did some security work around the bars, driving the bus etc..
Anybody around about that time ?

B4Orca

Re: 1973 TO 74 ?

Post by B4Orca » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:31 am

Wolf wrote:Hi, worked in the Dolphinarium 73 to 74 - moved to Zandvoort 11/74 for a couple of years. Doug and Barry were my mentors. Did some security work around the bars, driving the bus etc..
Anybody around about that time ?

I guess you must be "Bob"....just been sent the address for this site too...interesting memories and folk!
Doug

spiderlegs

Post by spiderlegs » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:15 am

I was there at that time running the reptile house.
Does anyone know what happened to Simon Compton-hall?
Most of my time at the park is a blur,too much beer and other stuff.

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi Doug - good to hear from you. Small world really. Went over to Zandvoort last month - really creepy - not been to Zandvoort since 76. And your back at Scarboro - seen Butch at all ?

Kevin, did you have the room next to me in the courtyard - if yes didnt we do a lot of scambled eggs (thanks to the ducks on the bottom lake) - and scambled brains if I remember

Bob

B4Orca

Post by B4Orca » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:57 pm

spiderlegs wrote:I was there at that time running the reptile house.
Does anyone know what happened to Simon Compton-hall?
Most of my time at the park is a blur,too much beer and other stuff.
Simon was killed in Germany by a number of tigers he was working with!
Doug

B4Orca

Post by B4Orca » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Wolf wrote:Hi Doug - good to hear from you. Small world really. Went over to Zandvoort last month - really creepy - not been to Zandvoort since 76. And your back at Scarboro - seen Butch at all ?

Kevin, did you have the room next to me in the courtyard - if yes didnt we do a lot of scambled eggs (thanks to the ducks on the bottom lake) - and scambled brains if I remember

Bob
Not seen you since Worthing Bob...yep, moved back to Scarborough after a 3 year stay in Andalucia...tried opening an environmental centre, but have put it up for sale...4 hectares if you're interested!! Butch moved away from here a while ago, last I heard he was in Surrey managing a pub. Steve Walton still comes back here regularly from Spain where he's now living...Quentin Rose died 2 years ago...Barry is still working for RSPCA last I heard, up in Lancashire....Doug

spiderlegs

Post by spiderlegs » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi Bob
Yes that was me next door.Id fogotten about the scrambled eggs.I do remember we spent a couple of days in Little hampton with two girls yours was called Ursula cant remember mine.
Kevin

spiderlegs

Post by spiderlegs » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:21 pm

hi doug
sorry to hear about simon when was that?
are you still with kim?
any idea where roger hindle is?
kevin

Re: 1973 TO 74 ?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Bob, apologies for such a delay in responding, didn't see your reply. Not with Kim anymore, but remain friends. Scott & Marc still down in Sussex near her. Iggy is over in Australia, went back to teaching. As far as I know Barry is still with RSPCA in Lancs. I'm still doing a bit of consultancy work for NGO's, but prefer now to stay home now rather than travel...especially after my last trip into Iran!!
Not heard anything about Roger...but I'm sure someone will have
Cheers Doug

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic