INTO THE BLUE

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

INTO THE BLUE

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:38 am

Hello Berni, this one is for you :wink:

As some of you maybe aware INTO THE BLUE was a project formulated by a consortium of conservation organizations headed by Virginia Mckenna of Zoo Check in the early 90s. I was proud to be the warden in the Turks an Caicos Islands in the British West Indies. I began to struggle with the concept of performing animals for public entertainment and did what I felt right for my conscience.
I have every respect for all of you in this field and certainly have every respect for the work you do and devotion you have for all in your charge. In the world of democracy we all have certain choices I chose mine.
I welcome all and any questions you may have in regards to the project or to my thought process. I will answer all your questions truthfully and with conviction. As with the the world we live in, conservation groups are not perfect.
Let the games begin.

Thank you.
Lee

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Re: INTO THE BLUE

Post by Berni » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:30 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello Berni, this one is for you :wink:

As some of you maybe aware INTO THE BLUE was a project formulated by a consortium of conservation organizations headed by Virginia Mckenna of Zoo Check in the early 90s. I was proud to be the warden in the Turks an Caicos Islands in the British West Indies. I began to struggle with the concept of performing animals for public entertainment and did what I felt right for my conscience.
I have every respect for all of you in this field and certainly have every respect for the work you do and devotion you have for all in your charge. In the world of democracy we all have certain choices I chose mine.
I welcome all and any questions you may have in regards to the project or to my thought process. I will answer all your questions truthfully and with conviction. As with the the world we live in, conservation groups are not perfect.
Let the games begin.

Thank you.
Lee
You are right of course Lee, but if there werent Animals being used in entertainment we would never have met so I can only feel happy that we had that wonderful time - however it wasnt so much the animals as the friendships, loves and hates that we all shared that I remember so fondly.
I can however see the point you made and I am sure you really made a difference with the work you chose to do - as you say not all conservation groups are exactly squeeky clean, but I am sure you did a lot of good with Into the Blue. I dont think there is much about that in the UK as I had not heard about it before now. Would be interesting to know what organisations in the UK support this.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Re: INTO THE BLUE

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:53 am

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello Berni, this one is for you :wink:

Let the games begin.

Thank you.
Lee
You are right of course Lee, but if there werent Animals being used in entertainment we would never have met so I can only feel happy that we had that wonderful time - however it wasnt so much the animals as the friendships, loves and hates that we all shared that I remember so fondly.
I can however see the point you made and I am sure you really made a difference with the work you chose to do - as you say not all conservation groups are exactly squeeky clean, but I am sure you did a lot of good with Into the Blue. I dont think there is much about that in the UK as I had not heard about it before now. Would be interesting to know what organisations in the UK support this.
Hello Berni.

Thank you for your kind diplomacy. It is such a long story! I did not and have not make the difference I wish to have made while on this planet, but there is still time 8) We all make our contributions to society in our own way ( gold medal ice skating Olympian :wink: ) I think this is called our three minutes of fame.I cannot wait to make that difference that I can be content with. Well enough of this philosophical chat, time to go to bed and make that difference tomorrow!!

Be good, life is short!
lee

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Berni » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:20 am

Oh Lee you already have made a difference - you have a little child who could grow up to be the next president - or better a world environmental leader - who knows.

Hope you had a nice peaceful sleep, dont look back and regret anything, you learn, you grow, then you move on - that is what we all did.
Working at WSP has made us all better people, I truly believe that and in my case things were happening outside the park which were not nice, and if I had not been working with you guys and being treated so well who knows I may not have been here now, (Terry has a lot to do with why I kept sane - but that is another story)

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:31 am

Hello Berni.

You are so right! Sometimes you just need a different prospective.
Thank you.
I forget the big picture from time to time like, family,life, living etc.

Now on to a lighter topic, you said in your last post you "kept sane" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
only joking :wink: Thanks for the big picture.

Be good.Life is short.
Lee.

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Berni » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:09 am

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello Berni.

Thank you.

Now on to a lighter topic, you said in your last post you "kept sane" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be good.Life is short.
Lee.
Ha ha Lee you are funny - it is amazing that all these years on people can still make a difference to each other - I have felt so good coming on here and remembering, its been such a bonus speaking to you (sort of) and Tez on here and all the lovely others who were there before and after us.

By the way I passed my Law exam - amazingly so I am very very happy. just waiting to find out if I passed Accountancy so I can move on to year two. (what on earth have I let myself in for).

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 am

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello Berni.

Thank you.

Be good.Life is short.
Lee.
Ha ha Lee you are funny - it is amazing that all these years on people can still make a difference to each other - I have felt so good coming on here and remembering, its been such a bonus speaking to you (sort of) and Tez on here and all the lovely others who were there before and after us.

By the way I passed my Law exam - amazingly so I am very very happy. just waiting to find out if I passed Accountancy so I can move on to year two. (what on earth have I let myself in for).
Congratulations on your law exam :r. I am sure you passed Accountancy. It sounds to me like you have a plan. Everyone should have a plan!
So this will not become another "Ride Em Rhino" personal board, anyone out there have a plan :?: Our plan, ( Rose,myself and Justin will be rich and famous and doing his thing :77 ). We will hopefully be retired in ten years, living in a warm climate and still have the energy and the health to travel the world and see some of the marvels of life!
Everyone must have a plan!!!!

Be good! Life is short!
Have a good weekend :77

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Berni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:15 am

Hey Lee

When you retire to the sun let us know where so we can come and pester the hell out of ya.

I intend to retire to Wales - sorry but I just love Wales and cant think where else I would rather be - cant go out in the sun much so may as well live somewhere rainy.

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 am

Berni wrote:Hey Lee

When you retire to the sun let us know where so we can come and pester the hell out of ya.

I intend to retire to Wales - sorry but I just love Wales and cant think where else I would rather be - cant go out in the sun much so may as well live somewhere rainy.
Good morning,Good afternoon Goodnight Berni.( not sure when you read the post so I shall cover all my bases!)

I must admit I do like the heat of the sun, but there is something about all the green valley's and lush green vegetation from all that rain and damp air that has a soothing affect. Rose and I just might end up back in England and head down Cornwall way were I hope time has stood still, it all depends on the Almighty dollar and if my limbs still work in the damp weather :3 We just might be neighbors :wink:

Now you did mention "Into The Blue" and who was involved from England.
Zoo check UK,Care For The Wild,The Daily Mirror,British Divers to name just a few.

Be Good,Life is Short!
Lee.
PS. So much for starting a new post and bringing the flock together :!:

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Berni » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:52 am

Well if noone else wants to join in - what can we do..............

Cornwall will never change much - so fear not.
Its generally morning when I get to read this cause I sign on at work - having two teenagers at home means I never get a look in with the computer.

Well keep smiling Lee, hope to see you sometime in the future again......

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Good Morning

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:05 am

Top of the day to you Berni!!

I must say I can not relish the idea of having two teenagers, when Rose and I can only just about handle one :shock: They say it's easier with two but I'm not too sure about that, maybe when they're younger they can occupy each other but at this hormonal stage I think that goes out the window :roll:

What thread can I put in this post to bring someone in to sit down at the round table :?: I still like the "plan" thing. Everyone must have a plan!!Five, ten, fifteen or twenty year plan. The time will fly and then what :?: Coasting is good, but I think a plan is better. So anyone out there with a plan let's hear about it. No bank jobs please :lol: If the plan sounds better than ours I will keep it as my own :D

Here is a quiz on WSP. What was the wild animal befriended by a animal care taker? The animal lived in the mansion but did not use the front door or the stairs on his travels in and out :?: ( It was not a fellow keeper ):lol: :lol:

O.K. enough of this playing around time to go.
Be Good! Life is Short!
Lee.

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Plan

Post by Paul Scott » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Hi all,

It has been a fairly long while since I sent a message on here. Mostly due to the fact that I am going through a pretty nasty divorce and can only get online at internet cafes (my wife refuses to hand over my PC or any of my personal belongings come to that).
You asked about a plan: well mine is to work in some capacity with animals. I really don't care how, whether it be as a farmer, in a pet shop or (I hope!!) winning the lottery and opening my own zoo.
Many thanks,Paul.

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Re: Plan

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:34 am

Paul Scott wrote:Hi all,

It has been a fairly long while since I sent a message on here. Mostly due to the fact that I am going through a pretty nasty divorce and can only get online at internet cafes (my wife refuses to hand over my PC or any of my personal belongings come to that).
You asked about a plan: well mine is to work in some capacity with animals. I really don't care how, whether it be as a farmer, in a pet shop or (I hope!!) winning the lottery and opening my own zoo.
Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear about your present circumstances. It will only improve as you move forward, there is not an alternative.
As for your plan, it is a well meaning and considerate plan. Even though I do not personally know you, I can tell if you get your wish you will put the animals first which is something you cannot say about everyone. If we cannot have empathy for animals that share this planet how can we have empathy for the other humans around us ( and yes, I know, they can be testing at times!) Here, the winning lottery number for next week is, 14-13-21-06-11-10. I just have this knack :wink:

Be good, Life is short!

PS. Don't spend all the money at once! Disclaimer:The winning lottery number is subject to change,( see what America has done to me :cry: )

Lee

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Post by Berni » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:48 am

Now Lee - the numbers did not work - so you need to rethink - Paul and I both need financial help - mine is just so I can keep the house - sad I know but life.
I have a friend who is about to move to Spain and she has asked me to take her Parrot - not sure what sort it is but I am sooooo happy, I have a dog from a rescue centre she is called Tasha and is a Boxer Lab cross - totally mental animal, and a tortoishell cat called Lyta she is also completely bonkers (comes down the park for a walk with the dog).
I would love to open a sanctuary for animals who noone wants anymore, that would be my ultimate plan...............
Love always
Berni

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:28 pm

Berni wrote:Now Lee - the numbers did not work - so you need to rethink - Paul and I both need financial help - mine is just so I can keep the house - sad I know but life.
I have a friend who is about to move to Spain and she has asked me to take her Parrot - not sure what sort it is but I am sooooo happy, I have a dog from a rescue centre she is called Tasha and is a Boxer Lab cross - totally mental animal, and a tortoishell cat called Lyta she is also completely bonkers (comes down the park for a walk with the dog).
I would love to open a sanctuary for animals who noone wants anymore, that would be my ultimate plan...............
Love always
Berni
Yes, sad to say life is not always fair but you seem to be very grounded and you will succeed, as they say in the the Good Book, "and this too shall pass". Sanctuary? This is a good ultimate plan! You just need the backing of Bill Gates and you will be home and dry :wink: Sounds like you already have the makings of a sanctuary :lol: There again two nights in Ibiza would not be such a bad plan :lol:
Be Good, Life is Short .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic