Ride em Rhino

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 994Post BRIGHTON121
Tue May 30, 2006 10:54 am

Berni wrote:
Anonymous wrote: I still have a grate collection on Vangelis and related music and the Net is just grate for down loading. I love the new tec: and net.

well that enough from this old codger for now. Be happy every one. Tez.

PS. Lee, you can call me any thing you like, you always used to. ha ha !

Hi Tez, how lovely to have you posting on this, I remember you sooo well, as for Lee calling you worse, wot can I say he was a young un, new it all etc. you were surprisingly careful at times with him although I do remember a couple of barnys between you.

My 16 year old son loves Vangelis, he was planning to skate to one of the old tracks this year but his coach has insisted they do a swing instead, he wasnt chuffed. (at least I taught him some taste in music, which I learned from all of you).
Hope life has started to be a bit better for you, sounds like you have had an interesting ride...........
Love always Berni (Bernadette - by the way Lee I did a bit more than working on the gate, I used to stuff the fish with drugs for the dolphins too) (my only claim to fame................)
Hello Berni.
You are very right, you did do a lot around the dolphinarium :oops: For those who are not familiar with the dolphinarium's regular routine, the drugs that Berni's referring to were the many vitamins that needed to be carefully pushed through the gills of many fish and then marked so as to make sure the right fish went to the right animal.Not the sort of drugs I need to keep my limbs from seizing up in the morning :( In fact I am just about to down some good old British Solpadeine, there about the only thing that takes a headache away for me.
I to still love Vangelis, I'm sure it also has something to do with the association of what was happening around that time as well :wink:
Do excuse my ignorants, but every time you mention your son skating I alway remember one of my favorite movies, Billy Elliot, did you ever watch it? . Our son is not interested in any sport at this time,well, any sport that looks promising. He takes after his dad :(
All the best Berni, and I hope to see your son skating professionally one day,( that's if he's not already ) :D
Be good!
Lee.

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 995Post Berni
Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 am

Hi Lee,

My son did do ballet for a few years, but gave up when he got beaten up by the little scumbags at school. (they tried to strangle him).
He moved onto skating cause the rink is near where I live and it was exercise (he was also playing footie, but never got picked to play cause he was littler than the others his age).
He was straight away picked up as very good (ballet helped) and within 5 years has won solo british title 3 years running and ice dance couples two years (he skates with a lovely young girl from Bracknell). He is 16 now and his partner is 15 and they are both preparing for the British championships this year - they wont be placed cause they are so much smaller/younger than the ones they are up against, but they want to go to worlds/olympics in a few years time which is why they skate at 4.15 in the morning.
The Billy Elliot film helped a lot, stopped people assuming that all dancers were gay and stuff. still such is life
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 996Post BRIGHTON121
Wed May 31, 2006 10:36 am

Berni wrote:Hi Lee,

My son did do ballet for a few years, but gave up when he got beaten up by the little scumbags at school. (they tried to strangle him).
He moved onto skating cause the rink is near where I live and it was exercise (he was also playing footie, but never got picked to play cause he was littler than the others his age).
He was straight away picked up as very good (ballet helped) and within 5 years has won solo british title 3 years running and ice dance couples two years (he skates with a lovely young girl from Bracknell). He is 16 now and his partner is 15 and they are both preparing for the British championships this year - they wont be placed cause they are so much smaller/younger than the ones they are up against, but they want to go to worlds/olympics in a few years time which is why they skate at 4.15 in the morning.
The Billy Elliot film helped a lot, stopped people assuming that all dancers were gay and stuff. still such is life
Hello Berni
I am sure you are so proud of him (them).It takes a lot to stand out in a crowed in this day and age.
See, I'm sure my mind is slowly going I kept on thinking Billy Elliot was about ice skating :oops:.I must feel that ice skating is ballet on ice in my subconscious, I hope I'm not far wrong :?
As we get closer to the Olympics you must keep me updated,it would make all the difference for us to watch a champion and know a little more of the struggle it took to get there.
Keep well.
Lee.

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 998Post Berni
Wed May 31, 2006 12:08 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:
The Billy Elliot film helped a lot, stopped people assuming that all dancers were gay and stuff. still such is life
Hello Berni
I am sure you are so proud of him (them).It takes a lot to stand out in a crowed in this day and age.
See, I'm sure my mind is slowly going I kept on thinking Billy Elliot was about ice skating :oops:.I must feel that ice skating is ballet on ice in my subconscious, I hope I'm not far wrong :?
As we get closer to the Olympics you must keep me updated,it would make all the difference for us to watch a champion and know a little more of the struggle it took to get there.
Keep well.
Lee.[/quote]

Hi Gorgeous, well I reckon I will be bankrupt by then and a lot greyer, but there you go, such is life. I am a bit boring about his skating so I apologise right now, I will however keep you informed - that'll teach yer.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 1000Post BRIGHTON121
Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:50 am

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:
The Billy Elliot film helped a lot, stopped people assuming that all dancers were gay and stuff. still such is life
Hello Berni
I am sure you are so proud of him (them).It takes a lot to stand out in a crowed in this day and age.
See, I'm sure my mind is slowly going I kept on thinking Billy Elliot was about ice skating :oops:.I must feel that ice skating is ballet on ice in my subconscious, I hope I'm not far wrong :?
As we get closer to the Olympics you must keep me updated,it would make all the difference for us to watch a champion and know a little more of the struggle it took to get there.
Keep well.
Lee.
Hi Gorgeous, well I reckon I will be bankrupt by then and a lot greyer, but there you go, such is life. I am a bit boring about his skating so I apologise right now, I will however keep you informed - that'll teach yer.[/quote]

Hi, you need not apologies, the fun of life is the wonderment of other's around you!
See ya!
Lee

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 1002Post Berni
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:27 am

BRIGHTON121 wrote:
Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:
The Billy Elliot film helped a lot, stopped people assuming that all dancers were gay and stuff. still such is life
Hello Berni
I am sure you are so proud of him (them).It takes a lot to stand out in a crowed in this day and age.
See, I'm sure my mind is slowly going I kept on thinking Billy Elliot was about ice skating :oops:.I must feel that ice skating is ballet on ice in my subconscious, I hope I'm not far wrong :?
As we get closer to the Olympics you must keep me updated,it would make all the difference for us to watch a champion and know a little more of the struggle it took to get there.
Keep well.
Lee.
Hi Gorgeous, well I reckon I will be bankrupt by then and a lot greyer, but there you go, such is life. I am a bit boring about his skating so I apologise right now, I will however keep you informed - that'll teach yer.
Hi, you need not apologies, the fun of life is the wonderment of other's around you!
See ya!
Lee[/quote]

Gosh Lee you have grown up - how scary is that..............
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 1009Post BRIGHTON121
Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:09 am

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:
Berni wrote: Hello Berni
I am sure you are so proud of him (them).It takes a lot to stand out in a crowed in this day and age.
See, I'm sure my mind is slowly going I kept on thinking Billy Elliot was about ice skating :oops:.I must feel that ice skating is ballet on ice in my subconscious, I hope I'm not far wrong :?
As we get closer to the Olympics you must keep me updated,it would make all the difference for us to watch a champion and know a little more of the struggle it took to get there.
Keep well.
Lee.
Hi Gorgeous, well I reckon I will be bankrupt by then and a lot greyer, but there you go, such is life. I am a bit boring about his skating so I apologies right now, I will however keep you informed - that'll teach yer.
Hi, you need not apologies, the fun of life is the wonderment of other's around you!
See ya!
Lee
Gosh Lee you have grown up - how scary is that..............[/quote]

It is very scary :evil: But I feel I am still twenty inside :lol: They say you are as old as feel :wink:

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 1012Post Berni
Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:00 am

BRIGHTON121 wrote:

It is very scary :evil: But I feel I am still twenty inside :lol: They say you are as old as feel :wink:
Well that makes you 17 still and me about 96.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 1013Post BRIGHTON121
Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 am

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:

It is very scary :evil: But I feel I am still twenty inside :lol: They say you are as old as feel :wink:
Well that makes you 17 still and me about 96.
Hello Berni, or should I say grandma Berni :lol:

I only start to feel old when I come out with an old cliché that my mum would say like, there is always someone worse off than you in the world or there are people starving in this world (when I did not want to eat what was offered) or of course the one I love (mum did not say this one, well maybe once, but many times by other people) your lucky you have a job! Such is life, as I get older I cannot believe my parents were right on so many things :oops:

Have a good week and don't work to hard!
All the best Lee.

PS. I also feel old when I need to roll over three or four times before I can get in a position to get up off the floor :shock:

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 1014Post Berni
Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:57 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:
Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:

It is very scary :evil: But I feel I am still twenty inside :lol: They say you are as old as feel :wink:
Well that makes you 17 still and me about 96.
Hello Berni, or should I say grandma Berni :lol:

I only start to feel old when I come out with an old cliché that my mum would say like, there is always someone worse off than you in the world or there are people starving in this world (when I did not want to eat what was offered) or of course the one I love (mum did not say this one, well maybe once, but many times by other people) your lucky you have a job! Such is life, as I get older I cannot believe my parents were right on so many things :oops:

Have a good week and don't work to hard!
All the best Lee.

PS. I also feel old when I need to roll over three or four times before I can get in a position to get up off the floor :shock:
And what are you doing on the floor in the first place - ha ha - I dont have that problem. so maybe not as old as I thought,.
I never agree that my mum was right - sacriledge never gonna happen.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 1015Post BRIGHTON121
Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:
Berni wrote: Well that makes you 17 still and me about 96.
Hello Berni, or should I say grandma Berni :lol:

I only start to feel old when I come out with an old cliché that my mum would say like, there is always someone worse off than you in the world or there are people starving in this world (when I did not want to eat what was offered) or of course the one I love (mum did not say this one, well maybe once, but many times by other people) your lucky you have a job! Such is life, as I get older I cannot believe my parents were right on so many things :oops:

Have a good week and don't work to hard!
All the best Lee.

PS. I also feel old when I need to roll over three or four times before I can get in a position to get up off the floor :shock:
And what are you doing on the floor in the first place - ha ha - I dont have that problem. so maybe not as old as I thought,.
I never agree that my mum was right - sacriledge never gonna happen.
Hello Berni,

I'm on the floor looking for my contact lenses because at my age you need to hold everything at arms length for it to be in focus :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: If you know what I mean :wink:

See ya!
Lee

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post: # 1016Post Berni
Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 am

Lee, I am starting to think we are the only ones on here talking - lets think up a new subject to draw the others out.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post: # 1021Post BRIGHTON121
Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:31 am

Berni wrote:Lee, I am starting to think we are the only ones on here talking - lets think up a new subject to draw the others out.

Hello Berni,

You mean blackmail :twisted: :twisted: . No ,I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping as the conversation moved along past memories would encourage others to jump in and add their piece of the jigsaw.

If I had been at W.S.P for a few more years than I was it would be easy to bring more people into the things that happened. But such is life! I am sure Tez has a few eye opening story's with some of us in the story line. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Don't forget the statute of limitations Tez!!!

I shall put my thinking cap on for a new topic :?:

Closing the chapter of 'Ride Em Rhino'
See Ya!
Lee.

tez bobrowicz
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: skegness

Post: # 1025Post tez bobrowicz
Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:33 am

good idea Lee, yes I do have loads of material and I have always though it a grate shame that I am the only one to ever see it all. thought of my own web page to get it "out there" for posterity, but I never seem to get around to it some how. have the out line for a book and plenty of material for that too, but I never get time to get around to that either. One day maybe?

let us know what the new subject is Lee, I would genuinely like to be part of that.

be happy dear friend. (it's important)

User avatar
tiger1
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:41 am
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Memories

Post: # 1027Post tiger1
Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:53 am

Hi everyone. I have been quietly sitting in the wings reading everybody's post's as and when they arrive and i'm thinking, "flippin heck!" i'm not the only one who collected memorabillia and memories of a place i once worked. I thought i must be alone in regarding a place of work as a friend or even family. I have nothing but wonderful memories. My time at Windsor was, without a shadow of a doubt, the best time of my entire working career so far. With this site, and everyone who is posting on it, what was an unfortunate demise of a wonderful place is being well and truly kept alive for many people. It still feels as if it was only yesterday when i was there and you guys are still colleagues even though i have never met some of you. If it was ever possible to have a virtual life running along side a real one then surely this is it. I have a shed load of physical artifacts as well as memories and now i can share them. I still work with the decendants of the original Windsor Lions and Hippo's, (anyone remember "Gertie" the Hippo. She's still alive and going strong) , but i will never be as happy as i was at Windsor.
Thanks for keeping my happy memories as vivid as ever.
"Clubby"
"Clubby"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic