Ride em Rhino

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Ramu

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:35 am

Hi

Ramu had just left for sea world, Winnie and Freya (I think that was the name) took his place, two young Orcas. The new holding pool was under construction. I first lived at the very back of the park in what looked like horse stables and then moved to the mansions.

Off to the rat race, speak to you soon.
Lee

User avatar
Dahai
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Dahai » Mon May 01, 2006 10:37 am

Hi Lee,

Ramu left in Oct 1976, we left in Feb 1978. I vaguely remember the new pools being started but at that stage no new Orca were there.
I am really surprised to hear - from somewhere else on this site - that Honey and Smartie are still alive! Smartie was the dominant male and looked older then. If this information is correct that would make him over 40 years old!

Take care
Dahai

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Re: Ramu

Post by Berni » Tue May 02, 2006 11:52 am

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hi

Ramu had just left for sea world, Winnie and Freya (I think that was the name) took his place, two young Orcas. The new holding pool was under construction. I first lived at the very back of the park in what looked like horse stables and then moved to the mansions.

Off to the rat race, speak to you soon.
Lee
Hi Honey,
The whales who came after Ramu were Freya and Cleo - Freya stayed on and they changed her name to Winnie (I sooooo hated that name),. and Cleo went elsewhere - sorry cant remember where.
And yes you did live in the stables at the back before moving into the mansion, but lets be honest how much time did you actually spend sleeping in those stables you little tart. ( I may have only been 14 or so, but I remember what you and Clive were like (and Bruce and Rob, I could go on but hey, I cant afford the legal costs.).
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
Dahai
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Dahai » Wed May 03, 2006 6:54 am

Well Berni we could all chip in with the costs! :shock:

There were more people actually living their dream whilst I was at WSP than I have ever seen since.

And I don't mean living in a dream either!!! :wink:

The reality was people were not well paid but were happy doing what they were doing. Not a hell of a lot of that about these days!

Dahai

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post by Berni » Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 am

Dahai wrote:Well Berni we could all chip in with the costs! :shock:

There were more people actually living their dream whilst I was at WSP than I have ever seen since.

And I don't mean living in a dream either!!! :wink:

The reality was people were not well paid but were happy doing what they were doing. Not a hell of a lot of that about these days!

Dahai
Dahai,

You are so right, I am working in an office now (finances being such that I have to earn more). I was happiest up to my neck in pengiun poo and fish guts, the people are what made WSP such a wonderful place, I like winding up Lee and co, bless them I am only jealous, cause they prefered the older more nubile women to a skinny 14 year old.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Tart

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Well, hello dear, (Berni).

I am sure this topic will start to have a weekly following in the forum if we continue to post on this subject :shock:

Hello Dahai,

I thought I had found a serendipitous friend here. So you would contribute to the legal fund! :lol: :lol: :lol:. I could say that I have a larger legal fund than you do :wink: but I will refrain from doing so 8)

I have been called a lot of things in my travels through life but I must say that tart is not one of them. At my age being called a tart I can handle :wink:

Berni thank you for the information about Cleo ( not the tart thing) :lol:
Cleo was taken to Hong Kong Ocean World, I did read in one of the posts that Cleo had died some time ago.

I have the urge to continue this post but I must find my place at the starting line for the checkered flag (traffic lights) for my race to work :cry:

Everyone have a good day, life is short!! I will be back!

The Tart.

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Tart

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:48 am

Hello everyone,

Back from the rat race! If only I knew then what I know now. Of course I would not have changed the outcome of the place I'm at right now ,but I would have taken a different route. As long as we learn by our so called mistakes there not mistakes but an opportunity to learn.
Of course older and I hope a little wiser helps!

I hope Elizabeth found someone to call her soul mate, she deserves it, she was and I am sure still is a fine person.

There were so many good times at WSP, the seventy's, our age and the environment of WSP became its own world of enjoyment!

I can see I will need some help, so anyone who knows the dark side of Berni I will pay well for the information :lol:

Time for bed
The Tart!

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Re: Tart

Post by Berni » Fri May 05, 2006 3:43 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello everyone,

Back from the rat race! If only I knew then what I know now. Of course I would not have changed the outcome of the place I'm at right now ,but I would have taken a different route. As long as we learn by our so called mistakes there not mistakes but an opportunity to learn.
Of course older and I hope a little wiser helps!

I hope Elizabeth found someone to call her soul mate, she deserves it, she was and I am sure still is a fine person.

There were so many good times at WSP, the seventy's, our age and the environment of WSP became its own world of enjoyment!

I can see I will need some help, so anyone who knows the dark side of Berni I will pay well for the information :lol:

Time for bed
The Tart!
Your money is quite safe love, there nothing to tell about me but hey I am up for starting a rumour.................

I hope you dont regret anything from your dim and distant past at WSP, you were lovely, not really much of a tart, I just love winding you up, Clive was the biggest tart but he doesnt seem to be posting on here much now.
I am still trying to find photos and the poem Liz wrote, I will let you know if and when I find it - I think you will like it.
Keep smiling gorgeous Lee, you will always look 17 to me........
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Tart

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:09 pm

Berni wrote:
BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello everyone,

Back from the rat race! If only I knew then what I know now. Of course I would not have changed the outcome of the place I'm at right now ,but I would have taken a different route. As long as we learn by our so called mistakes there not mistakes but an opportunity to learn.
Of course older and I hope a little wiser helps!

I hope Elizabeth found someone to call her soul mate, she deserves it, she was and I am sure still is a fine person.

There were so many good times at WSP, the seventy's, our age and the environment of WSP became its own world of enjoyment!

I can see I will need some help, so anyone who knows the dark side of Berni I will pay well for the information :lol:

Time for bed
The Tart!
Your money is quite safe love, there nothing to tell about me but hey I am up for starting a rumour.................

I hope you don't regret anything from your dim and distant past at WSP, you were lovely, not really much of a tart, I just love winding you up, Clive was the biggest tart but he doesnt seem to be posting on here much now.
I am still trying to find photos and the poem Liz wrote, I will let you know if and when I find it - I think you will like it.
Keep smiling gorgeous Lee, you will always look 17 to me........
Hello Berni my dear!!

Regret anything ?:shock: hell no, I would have doubled everything I did plus a little more :wink: I appreciate your comment about always remembering me looking seventeen :D I can still see you not to far behind Liz when she was around in your teens with your long black curly hair,I hope you had long black curly hair :? . You learn by your mistakes comment was about life in general not WSP in particular.

Windsor was a wonderful experience that I would have not missed for the world,well, maybe not the world :lol:

speak to you soon.
Lee

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post by Berni » Mon May 08, 2006 11:36 am

Hi Lee

Yep I did have long dark curly hair, (although it is shorter and a bit grey in places - need a visit to the hairdresser again).

WSP was the best place on earth for a teenager, I learnt so much from all of you - Terry made me want to study and become a marine biologist, but didnt quite have the brain for that, and the rest of you just made me feel like I was part of the big family that you all seem to have formed
you are just yummy all of you.......
keep smiling
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
Dahai
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Dahai » Sat May 13, 2006 9:20 am

Define brain??!! :?

So many...a few?...I don't remember...but...

There was time when WSP tried to employ those with University degrees. Maybe the thought was that WSP would benefit. I don't really know. The degreed ones would turn up, a day later they would be gone.

"NO ONE TOLD ME ELEPHANTS MADE A MESS!" This after having to walk around after Hazel with a wheelbarrow.

"OUCH!!! THAT HURT!" This after being bitten by some animal and then being stunned through watching a keeper drive off a curious lion with a shanghai rather than a shotgun loaded with blanks.

The only people whom I remember surviving were those who lived in the REAL world - those who had never been near a university. Maybe I am generalising, maybe not.

A musing Dahai

PS...does anyone out there remember the old mansion? NOT ST Leonards, the one at the top of the hill in the forest behind St Leonards.

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Brains and the REAL WORLD

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:17 am

Dahai wrote:Define brain??!! :?

So many...a few?...I don't remember...but...

There was time when WSP tried to employ those with University degrees. Maybe the thought was that WSP would benefit. I don't really know. The degreed ones would turn up, a day later they would be gone.

"NO ONE TOLD ME ELEPHANTS MADE A MESS!" This after having to walk around after Hazel with a wheelbarrow.

"OUCH!!! THAT HURT!" This after being bitten by some animal and then being stunned through watching a keeper drive off a curious lion with a shanghai rather than a shotgun loaded with blanks.

The only people whom I remember surviving were those who lived in the REAL world - those who had never been near a university. Maybe I am generalizing, maybe not.

A musing Dahai

PS...does anyone out there remember the old mansion? NOT ST Leonards, the one at the top of the hill in the forest behind St Leonards.
Hello Dahai and Berni

I could not agree with you more Dahai, if you look at a post I replied to "Hello and Errrrrr Sea Lion" you will see my reference to stepping off the bus with your worldly belongings in one suitcase. Many educated men and women worked in the parks that would have not been given the opportunity if they needed a degree. Many of these people would be the eyes and ears of there charge and if policy or procedure was changed and it was felt to compromise the animals wellbeing they would be there voice and a loud voice at that!
Berni, you are a law abiding citizen, you are a conscientious worker, you are raising a fine family and you pay your tax's ( you do pay your tax's :lol:) For the masses this is succesful, ( I hope I am one of the masses)
I have always had a problem with the fact that the people with the authority and the wealth set the game rules of how to get to there comfort level.They will not let you get to there comfort level :wink:

See what you have done :x I am now on the quest for the meaning of life!!!!!!!!!

And Dahai, I just bought New Zealand on ebay $2,331.00. Boy that was cheap! :lol:

Have a good weekend!
Lee

User avatar
Dahai
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Dahai » Sun May 14, 2006 3:48 am

Lee, If you bought NZ for $2330, you'd better ask for your money back. You've been had! With the current Govt and policies NZ is now valued at $2.00 only!
We could turn it into the biggest wildlife park in the world!

Oh no hang on...that already exists in Wellington :roll:

But you are right about one thing... Never in my life before or since have I ever worked with so many people who had - on a material level - so little but who - on any other level you care to think about - had so damn much.

Sure there was griping, but the bottom line was that not only did the job get done, but it got done OUR way!

My weekend is almost over but it is snowing heavily out there! Such joy!!! :D

Dahai

User avatar
Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am

Post by Berni » Tue May 16, 2006 7:27 am

Hi Dahai and Lee,

Do I pay taxes (yep too much in my opinion).

I want to move to NZ, sounds like a fab place. (I love snow..)
I work in an office (for Hewlett Packard) now and seriously feel like I am muck raking all day still. Company is ok, but some of the people are such b1tches, (male and female) we never had any politics that I can remember at WSP, just everyone doing the best they can, we worked hard and you lot partied hard (so did I sometimes) (still remember taking my English GCE with a rotten hangover, heaven knows how I wrote anything).
I may be looking back through rose tinted glasses who knows, but my time at WSP was seriously the best a young person could ever experience, not many can say they worked with a killer whale or played with dolphins, etc. gave me a real appreciation of life generally and I will never forget or stop wishing I was still there.
Love to both of you, better do some work now or I will get fired.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

User avatar
BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Hewlett Packard!!

Post by BRIGHTON121 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:22 am

Berni wrote:Hi Dahai and Lee,

Do I pay taxes (yep too much in my opinion).

I want to move to NZ, sounds like a fab place. (I love snow..)
I work in an office (for Hewlett Packard) now and seriously feel like I am muck raking all day still. Company is ok, but some of the people are such b1tches, (male and female) we never had any politics that I can remember at WSP, just everyone doing the best they can, we worked hard and you lot partied hard (so did I sometimes) (still remember taking my English GCE with a rotten hangover, heaven knows how I wrote anything).
I may be looking back through rose tinted glasses who knows, but my time at WSP was seriously the best a young person could ever experience, not many can say they worked with a killer whale or played with dolphins, etc. gave me a real appreciation of life generally and I will never forget or stop wishing I was still there.
Love to both of you, better do some work now or I will get fired.

Hello Berni!

I am typing this on an HP laptop, so I feel good about contributing to your huge wealth :lol: :lol: I hope you are careful what you type on the office computer :wink: You should know better than most of us what big brother can look at on your private emails :shock: :shock:
My company closed down access to the WWW Internet. I heard it was due to someone buying and selling stock during business hours, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: a rebel at heart!
I do like snow at the right time,just before the drive to work so I can tell them I'm not coming in!! Then I can sit at home in the warm with a hot cup of tea.
You might be looking through rose tinted glasses 8) but that should not and will not change your fond memories WSP That's the fun at that age everything is so innocent :)
I have been with the same company since I arrived in the USA in 1991 and was allowed to work from 1995. They leave me alone most of the time and when they feel they need to poke around in my work I LET THEM HAVE IT :evil: :evil: :evil: I am well informed and will debate from a point of reason. :!:
Rose my wife used to work for Blue Stone software back in 2000 until it was sold to HP. We missed out on the IPO. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thinking of you!
Lee

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic