The Good Ole Days

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Snowy/White Eyes
CREW MEMBER
CREW MEMBER

The Good Ole Days

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:28 pm

8) Snowy/White Eyes aka Clive
Hi everybody, what a fantastic site to hit upon. As my membership name suggests, I used to work at WSP (78/79), in charge of the baboon reserve, along with Keith and Bruce. Oh yes, and I mustn't forget the hardest workers of all, Shane and Mr Magoo. Some of my happiest days were spent at the park, and what a memorable array of characters worked and lived there. I lived in the mansion at first, and became one of the first to move into the "village", sharing a chalet with Rob.
At some point in time, I will try and get some foties on the site, particularly of the xmas party that was held on Dec 25th, 1978, baboons and staff present had a great time.
It would be great to catch up on things, and chat to old friends.
Hope this jogs a few brain cells.

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Workers forum

Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi Clive,

I will apologize now for not remembering half the friends and colleague's I have had the good fortune to meet :cry:.
I am in the same boat as yourself in regards to the workers forum but I belive Falkor will monitor your posts and hopfully grant yuo access within aweek or two. I cannot picture you but remember Berni very well,Bruce and I hung out together quite a lot. Ireplied to Berni through her email address which sh kindly replied within 24 hours.
The time frame I worked at WSP maybe off but I remember crossing a pickrt-line and the restaurant burnt down ( I remember now 1978) to mention just a few things,o and I lived in the coverted hourse stables at the back of the park for a while before the mansion.
Hope this helps!

All the best
Lee Chanona (Dolphin section)

ocean
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Bruce??

Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:45 pm

hI THERE 121 are you talking about Bruce Walton??
Happy days

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Bruce

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:41 pm

Hi again,

Yes I believe so. He worked with the baboons then transfered to dolphinarium after I left. I recall being a part of trying to revive the bar in the basement of the mansion but it all went wrong when outsiders crashed the joint, I think?
I was seeing Liz at the time who worked with the parrots. Boy, nearly thirty years ago :roll:.

All the best
Lee

ocean
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Hi Lee

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Well I work with Bruce Walton at the moment, we we work in the same park but we are in different departments. I remember the bar in the mansion, went to a party there, it was very scarey as i was only about 9 or 10 at the time. My dad also worked with the parrots, but im sure it wasnt him you went out with heheheheh :lol:
You said dolphin section before, so you worked with the dolphins? you still doing it?? :P
Happy days

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Dolphins

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:14 pm

Hi again,

No, I'm sorry to say that maybe in your eyes I went over to the dark side :twisted: if your still working in the park environment. I took part in the rehab program to release the captive dolphins from the UK dolphinariums after they were all closed. I was the warden in the Turks and Caicos Islands,working wth the Bellereve foundation, Wispa and to many other groups to mention. If it is Bruce then he should remember the trip to London and one to Brighton.

All the best.
Lee

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

??????

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi again,

I'm getting Little confused :?: Who is Steve Walton? Or is it Bruce Walton? Did he work for Scarborough zoo? Who licensed a show With sea lions and Parrots at Blairdrummond in Scotland?? I think Steve was my boss . :shock:

Bye Bye.

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Re: Workers forum

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:50 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hi Clive,

I will apologize now for not remembering half the friends and colleague's I have had the good fortune to meet :cry:.
I am in the same boat as yourself in regards to the workers forum but I belive Falkor will monitor your posts and hopfully grant yuo access within aweek or two. I cannot picture you but remember Berni very well,Bruce and I hung out together quite a lot. Ireplied to Berni through her email address which sh kindly replied within 24 hours.
The time frame I worked at WSP maybe off but I remember crossing a pickrt-line and the restaurant burnt down ( I remember now 1978) to mention just a few things,o and I lived in the coverted hourse stables at the back of the park for a while before the mansion.
Hope this helps!

All the best
Lee Chanona (Dolphin section)
Sweetheart, I am surprised that any of you who worked at WSP in 1978 remember your own names much less dates (bunch of alchys)(sorry bout the spelling) you were all wonderful. (Except when some of you decided to nick name me Ethel)
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

ocean
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Re: ??????

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:32 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hi again,

I'm getting Little confused :?: Who is Steve Walton? Or is it Bruce Walton? Did he work for Scarborough zoo? Who licensed a show With sea lions and Parrots at Blairdrummond in Scotland?? I think Steve was my boss . :shock:

Bye Bye.
Hi "Brighton121" Steve Walton is my dad and yes he did work in Scarborough Zoo, also think he worked in scotland for a while with what animals i cant remember. My dad was at windsor till the end with the dolphins. Bruce Walton was there befor my dad dates i dont know. Im not much help realy :oops:
Happy days

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

AT LAST A TIME FRAME

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 am

Well,Ocean,Ocean,Ocean.

That is just wonderful, you probably sat on my knee as a toddler :wink: back in the very early 70s. I remember being invited over to your house after working the season at Blairdrummond with the parrots and the Patagonian sea lion show. I remember children around the house or flat at the time. I must admit your dad did look after me, I was young and from the south (Brighton) and out of my depth missing home :cry: I believe from what I can remember your dad was a nut-case, and I mean that in the most respectful way :lol: He was good fun to work with, I wounder if he remembers the young boy not even wet behind the ears from the south?
Carry on with the good work, look after those wonderful animals in your care.

Bye for now!
Lee

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

Alchys!!!!!!!!! Pot Heads

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 am

Hello Berni.

Alchys!!!!!!!!!! I remember the munches so bad :lol: The grass was sure greener on our side of the fence :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I should have received a medal for getting home on my hands and knees from Windsor Town after a heavy night competing with the Eaton boys!!! You are so right I'm amazed we survived that era. Can you remember who had the three wheeler transportation??? I think he was connected to the education department at the front of the park, he was into the music of Meatloaf? Ethel, I hope I was not one who called you that,If I did I do apologize :oops: I thought I knew everything there was to know about life at that time,I knew nothing and I still know nothing, it is far to complicated :?:

Thinking of you all.
Lee.

fORGOT TO SIGHN IN OCEAN

None

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Hay Lee i was born in the early 80's so maybe you met my older brothers, that is if we are talking about the same steve walton heheh. I was talking to my boss today, she woeked in Brighton Dolphinarium, she told me some one by the name of Lee worked there, this was over 20 years ago, just wondering if it was you!! She moved to France and has been here for 20 years, shes called Nikky Dancy ring a bell??? :roll:

Born in the early 80's

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Hello,

The 70's were better :lol: Yes that was me. I lived and worked in Brighton. I worked at Brighton Dolphiarium twice in my life, mid 70's and late 80's as head trainer. Nikky I cannot place but as you said nearly thirty years ago :shock: I will need time to think of everyone I met around that time.

Keep in touch.
Lee

Berni
CREW LEADER
CREW LEADER

Re: Alchys!!!!!!!!! Pot Heads

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:03 pm

BRIGHTON121 wrote:Hello Berni.

Alchys!!!!!!!!!! I remember the munches so bad :lol: The grass was sure greener on our side of the fence :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I should have received a medal for getting home on my hands and knees from Windsor Town after a heavy night competing with the Eaton boys!!! You are so right I'm amazed we survived that era. Can you remember who had the three wheeler transportation??? I think he was connected to the education department at the front of the park, he was into the music of Meatloaf? Ethel, I hope I was not one who called you that,If I did I do apologize :oops: I thought I knew everything there was to know about life at that time,I knew nothing and I still know nothing, it is far to complicated :?:

Thinking of you all.
Lee.
Oh you are still so lovely - what are you like - I remember the three wheeler - didnt that end up on its roof a couple of times, I think the guys name was Andy, I seem to remember a lot of people being into Meatloaf at that time, probably where I ended up getting my incredibly varied taste in music now. You were one of the ones who called me Ethel - dont worry it made me feel part of the team, you all called each other so many things. You were not as 'know all' as some, I thought you were the bees knees love and have such fond memories of you, Clive, Bruce, Rob, Steve and even Terry - who probably won't remember me. You should look back at that time as a fun time, I cannot imagine anyone having anything horrible to say about you - even the spats you had with Terry were just him trying to teach you - and you being a typical teenager not always wanting to listen - we all were like that. Dont know how Terry didnt brain us all.

brain you all. no, but at times you all could be very frustrating. young whiper snapers. TEZ.
Berni - left WSP in 1980 ish

BRIGHTON121
RANGER
RANGER

What am I like?????????????

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:21 am

Berni,

That is to much of a line for me to let go " what are you like now". Well
6ft 11'' dark hansom very very rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a 27'' waist, those are the bad points about me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. Maybe when we all have the courage we can scan a photo of how life has been good or not :twisted: . NO CHEATING, UP TO DATE PHOTO ONLY! Drum roll!!!! I need to think about this one :?: Yes your right the three wheeler did end up on it's roof a couple of times :?

Bye for now.
Lee

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic