Hi! I'm Gilly ^_^

If you are joining this site, perhaps you would like to tell us all about yourself here, in as little or large a detail as you like!

Moderator: Paul Scott and Tez Bobrowicz

Gilly

Hi! I'm Gilly ^_^

Post by Gilly » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:36 am

Hello everyone,
I'm Gilly, and unfortunatly I've lived in the USA all my life, and therefore never had the chance to visit WSP, but I would love to share information and pictures with everyone here, you see I'm an orca history nut! Winnie died before I had a chance to work with her. Every summer I "intern" (called Careers Camp, intern for high school students) at SeaWorld Texas, which was Winnie's home for the last years of her life. I'm collecting photos and information about orcas held in captivity, and orcas held in England are a fascination of mine. Dudley Zoo (cuddles), Clacton Pier (Neptune, No Name. Nemo, later held in WSP was also held there breifly), as well as Winnie, Nemo, and Winston (aka Ramu) who were held at WSP are all places I want to learn about. I think this would be a great oppurtunity for me to learn. Please let me know about your experiences in these places, and send me your photos.
Gilly

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Hi

Post by Paul Scott » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:00 pm

Hi Gilly,

If you want information on Cuddles, you could do worse than to look at the autobiographical books by David Taylor (see the Media Forum). He goes into detail from his first arrival to his eventual departure, including the attacks he made on staff.
P.S. Welcome to the forums! :lol:
Many thanks,Paul.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:34 pm

Yes, I have read most of them! they are great, But I'm always on the lookout for new tidbits of information, and especially pictures. You can never have too many pictures of whales of "long ago" <-- it was before my time you know, not to make you feel old or anything ^_^ I'm also looking for impressions people got of whales when they visited. also, don't be afraid to tell me about whales from outside Great Britain, if you visited Marineland France, or places in Holland or Germany when they had whales, I'd love you forever if you had stories, info or.. oh gosh pictures would make me worship you forever! :lol:

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:36 pm

Oh, I forgot to log in That was me up there ^^^ :oops: By the way, Paul Scott, I love your little Boromir avatar!
Gilly

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:55 pm

Great isn't it? I have a few photos of Cuddles if you like.
Many thanks,Paul.

falkor
plague
plague

Post by falkor » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:00 pm

Hi Gilly, welcome on board - I hope you will be able to make it to our planned reunion :shock: in January!!

but talking of Boromir, you can select a LOTR avatar too y'know!! Simply go to Profile in the forum menu then shoot to the bottom of the profile page and have a burrow around in Avatar Control :P

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:02 pm

YES! oh, I would like, Are they your own? You can either email them to me (blackmoon2101@aol.com), and I won't see them until I go home (I'm at school right now), or you can post them somewhere and I can see them right away. :D
Gilly

Paul Scott
SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISOR

Post by Paul Scott » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:06 pm

I will send them to you tomorrow, I need to pop out in a minute and won't get a chance today. 8)
Many thanks,Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic